Author Topic: I got Fallout3 and  (Read 1463 times)

I CAN'T PLAY IT DUE TO MY WEAK 1.8 GHZ PROCESSOR
It is an awesome game though. Anyone have advice other then replacing it?

Next time read the system requirements. All I have to offer besides replacement.

Next time read the system requirements. All I have to offer besides replacement.
Pretty much Xoax answers my question... anymore alternatives?

How do you know its awesome if you cant play it?!

Lol new computer is recommended, if you have a weak processor then I am guessing that your video card and the amount of RAM your computer has or can handle is not too hot either. New computer or get it for the 360.

Fallout 3 is truly an epic game :D
Completed it in 16 hours :S

I really dont think you can replace a processor without getting a new motherboard. Then you will have to re-install your OS and get new components for the motherboard. To be honest it would be better if you just got a whole new comp. And next time read what games need other than just buying them.

I really dont think you can replace a processor without getting a new motherboard. Then you will have to re-install your OS and get new components for the motherboard. To be honest it would be better if you just got a whole new comp. And next time read what games need other than just buying them.
What.

I think you will find your OS is on your hard drive not your processer

What.

ya

What.

ya

Don't listen to these clowns.

It's never a bad idea to reinstall the OS after a major upgrade like a new motherboard; thanks in part to things like our lovely friend, the registry. New MB, different brand of video card, different series of video card, etc. Those are things that could cause conflicts if you don't completely remove the old drivers when installing new ones.

Reinstalling the OS is a quick and easy fix to any driver conflict issues, unless you want to hunt the registry for files that are causing problems that weren't removed by uninstalling or a registry cleaning program. It only takes maybe a half hour to back up your stuff and another half hour to install(Vista at least).

Bio Spark: The rest of your PC probably sucks too. You'll need a new PC to play most current video games, and you're PC will only get worse over time. I hoped you learned a lesson about impulsively buying games.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 08:48:43 AM by Otis Da HousKat »

Don't listen to these clowns.

wait what, i was stating that an operating systems data is stored on the hard drive.

i don't see how that makes me a clown.

Normally I'd recommend overclocking the CPU but of course the BIOS are probably locked on your machine.

$500 could get you a good gaming PC.