Author Topic: Port: Autumn Pond  (Read 18358 times)

Autumn Pond
Classic Autumn Pond Map

Description
- Fall 1986 -

Dusk. The sun set early, casting a reddish glow over the landscape. Tree shadows loomed in the low light. Sunlight was caught in the pond, and reflected, cascading over the surface of the small glade. Edging over the lake is a dock, in some disrepair; its vessel long gone... sold. A hunched figure lay by the lake.

Rose glanced out the window at the rusty red sunset. Edger was out by the lake, playing with his toys again. She smiled for a short time before returning to her normal glazed appearance. Her husband had died just a few years ago, after being married for 50 years. Rose picked up his old shot glass and began polishing again.

Edger stumbled, and nearly lost control of his fighter plane, but quickly regained control.

Woooooosh!

The plane zoomed between the blades of grass before dropping off its cargo of minifigs. Ehn-Ehn-Ehn! Crash! The anti-aircraft guns blew off a wing! Plastic bricks fell to the ground.

"KABOOM!" Edger yelled.

The plane crashed into the ground, sending plastic peices flying. A fire truck rushed out of the garage.

Weeeeeeeee, the siren sounded.

"Edger!" Edger looked up. That wasn't the sound of a plane, or a fire truck.

"Edger!" the voice sounded, louder. Edger sighed, "Coming!" he responded, and left the LEGOs behind...

He was gone. A whistle blew.

"All Clear!" The tiny plastic figures sprang to life.

"Extra, extra, read all about it, fighter plane crashed delivering humanitarian supplies!" the newsboy yelled. A group of men in suits walked by, deep in political discussion. "Thats the third one this week!" one exclaimed, in a disgusted voice. "Well, everyone survived, fortunately." "Reduced to a pile of blocks! We are already having enough stress put on the supply depot, more accidents like this, and we won't be able to maintain the city!" said a man with a heavy accent. A small fleet of fire trucks raced by, on the way to the accident. A woman walked home, carrying a small bag of groceries. Suddenly, a loud air raid siren rang out over the small town. "We've got a goose, incoming in at 9'o clock!"

The figures scrambled for cover, others dropped in the street, still as ever...

-Snail by me (Kaje)
-Mushroom model by astro
-Mushroom texture, snail sound, and pretty much everything besides the trees by Mocheeze

Screenshots

Download
Map_AutumnPond.zip (Last Updated: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:51 pm)

Installation
Put Map_AutumnPond.zip into the Add-Ons folder in your Blockland folder.

Click Here to view this file on the RTB Download Manager

Awsome i loved this from v8 and the snail is WIN

Everything should be working correctly but I didn't get a chance to test it a lot, let me know if there are any problems.

This is an awesome map, thanks for bringing it back : )

I loved this back in v8..
So pretty...

Nice story man i pictured it all in my head ;p. Nice Map Too

Nice story man i pictured it all in my head ;p. Nice Map Too

I'm pretty sure mocheeze and wedge wrote the story, maybe just wedge. I copied it from the old v8 topic.

OMG the snail is a Vehicle! THATS SO cool and gross at the same time but win!!!

No joke try jumping onto it you can move around and control where it goes and it moves just like a real snail its epic!

OMG the snail is a Vehicle! THATS SO cool and gross at the same time but win!!!
:O

Awsome i loved this from v8 and the snail is WIN
the snail should be a vehicle release, its indestructable too XD

you do realize you can create them with a vehicle brick too right?