Author Topic: My first few tablet sketches.  (Read 1654 times)

I got a tablet about a week or so ago, and I've been drawing with it a lot.
These are some of my better sketches. My style is a sketchy sort of thing, kind of like if I had drawn a sketch of the object and forgot to erase the sketch lines. I personally like it, but if you don't, well, that's just too bad.
So, tell me what you think.
Yes, I realize most of these are Portal related. I was on a Portal streak at the time.

First decent sketch. Before I realized that I can use layers to color.

Still not too complicated.

First shaded sketch.

More...(Cut off edge was because I ran into someone's drawing on iScribble, edited it out.)

Getting a little better with shading.

What I honestly believe to be my best work so far.

Was on the subject of strange guitars, so I drew this. First drawing without my sketchy style.

So, what do you think? Be honest, I want to know where to improve.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 09:33:18 PM by Regulith »

Seen half of em before :)

You gots skill with a pen.

Needs more clear lines, less sketchy.

takes me forever to get a straightish line on a tablet.

u got skils dood lal

anyway if you want a more realistic drawing program you should try the trial of sketchbook pro.

Needs more clear lines, less sketchy.
My style is a sketchy sort of thing, kind of like if I had drawn a sketch of the object and forgot to erase the sketch lines. I personally like it, but if you don't, well, that's just too bad.

I want to know where to improve. Don't say style, because I like it and I'm not going to change it.
Did you miss that part? :/

Well I'm sorry dude but you're gonna have to drop that style. It makes you look unprofessional, careless and makes your drawings look like they've been drawn by a kid.
Sorry for the lack of words, I'm messed today, but yeah, drop the style.

Well I'm sorry dude but you're gonna have to drop that style. It makes you look unprofessional, careless and makes your drawings look like they've been drawn by a kid.
Sorry for the lack of words, I'm messed today, but yeah, drop the style.
...forget.

You could work on it though and make the sketchy lines a bit thicker here and there to define shape and make it look more professional. Much like this:

http://www.sheikhdesigns.com/pagetwo.htm

But again, in the final product it is best to have solid lines.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 09:05:20 PM by Vertzer »

wow, these look great! You should make them into line art!

I'm glad you guys like it, but I might take Vertzer's advice and slowly ease into a less sketchy style.

I'm glad you guys like it, but I might take Vertzer's advice and slowly ease into a less sketchy style.
Everyone grows out of it.
I use to draw that way.

That sight he linked has some pretty dope stuff on there too

Do like companion cubes.

That toast guitar is lovey as hell. Job well done.