Lego Stuff

Author Topic: Lego Stuff  (Read 904516 times)

I'd still like to know how Atlantis is a SGA rip off.

Well it just so happens to be called Atlantis and there just so happens to be "portals" in the lego sets itself. Hmmm sounds like stargate atlantis to me.

If you don't like it, don't buy it.

+ lots of kids like that stuff, and since the Lego building system is generaly aimed at kids they can make a better profit

And Indiana Jones and Star Wars are the stuff, but that's my opinion
Kids are gonna like and play with Adventure legos too.  Kids don't care as much what their legos are.  Theres obviously plenty of star wars and indiana jones crap already, if kids really want that then they can buy whats already made.  Lego doesn't need to pump out only commercial stuff all day, they can make original stuff too and kids will still love it.

I can't believe you guys don't think Lego is making too much of this crap lol... its obvious.  Lord Tony's completely right, they haven't done anything new in ages.  Everything they do is either:
A. a meh-remake of an old series.
B. a remake of a movie or TV show. 
C. an incredibly meh remake of an old movie or TV show remake series.

It's very rare they do A.  It's almost always B or C.  And the forbidden option D (actually make something new) NEVER happens and probably never will until Lego stops sucking.

Not mine, but I hope some of you guys will like this.

Pretty cool, I think I'm gonna go and build me some cows and spiders now.

Not mine, but I hope some of you guys will like this.

Pretty cool, I think I'm gonna go and build me some cows and spiders now.
thats epic lol

Kids are gonna like and play with Adventure legos too.  Kids don't care as much what their legos are.  Theres obviously plenty of star wars and indiana jones crap already, if kids really want that then they can buy whats already made.  Lego doesn't need to pump out only commercial stuff all day, they can make original stuff too and kids will still love it.

I can't believe you guys don't think Lego is making too much of this crap lol... its obvious.  Lord Tony's completely right, they haven't done anything new in ages.  Everything they do is either:
A. a meh-remake of an old series.
B. a remake of a movie or TV show. 
C. an incredibly meh remake of an old movie or TV show remake series.

It's very rare they do A.  It's almost always B or C.  And the forbidden option D (actually make something new) NEVER happens and probably never will until Lego stops sucking.

If only I could explain as well as Jirue.

Well it just so happens to be called Atlantis and there just so happens to be "portals" in the lego sets itself. Hmmm sounds like stargate atlantis to me.
I said that's not a good enough excuse. There are many things in Atlantis that don't relate to SGA.

I said that's not a good enough excuse. There are many things in Atlantis that don't relate to SGA.

The portal is a dead give away to show they basically ripped it off.

then you will DIE
*MunkeyCheez throws his hands in a hysterical manner 

The portal is a dead give away to show they basically ripped it off.
It's a portal, not a stargate. You might as well accuse them of ripping off WoW.

It's a portal, not a stargate. You might as well accuse them of ripping off WoW.

Atlantis - Hmmm stargate Atlantis so far rings a bell.

Portal - clearly a loving stargate except they don't name it stargate.

Fish like human enemies = bing bango, it's there too!

So naming something different and changing up some other stuff is not ripping off stargate Atlantis? It clearly is ripping off stargate atlantis.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 03:34:56 AM by Lørd Tøny »

Atlantis - Hmmm stargate Atlantis so far rings a bell.

Have you ever heard of the 'Lost City of Atlantis'?
But no, it's definitly named after Stargate Atlantis which has nothing to do with the main concept of the Lego series: finding the lost city of Atantis. Yup, definitly ripped off!

Portal - clearly a loving stargate except they don't name it stargate.

portal =/= stargate
Get it through your thick skull.
And I'm pretty sure the portal is more like a really fancy doorway, not something that takes you to other worlds.
And you still are on earth when you come out the other side, alibet underwater.

Fish like human enemies = bing bango, it's there too!

Hmm. Maybe because it's UNDERWATER?!
But no, it's obviously from SA!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 08:36:42 AM by Altered »

Have you ever heard of the 'Lost City of Atlantis'?
But no, it's definitly named after Stargate Atlantis which has nothing to do with the main concept of the Lego series: finding the lost city of Atantis. Yup, definitly ripped off!

portal =/= stargate
Get it through your thick skull.
And I'm pretty sure the portal is more like a really fancy doorway, not something that takes you to other worlds.
And you still are on earth when you come out the other side, alibet underwater.

Hey guys I just made a stargate but I am going to call it fargate just to fool those idiots into believing it's not a stargate!

Hey guys I just made a stargate but I am going to call it fargate just to fool those idiots into believing it's not a stargate!
it's not a loving stargate

a stargate is very specific with all the chevrons and whatnot

the one in the LEGO Atlantis set is just some portal thing

List of things SGA didn't invent:
  • Atlantis
  • portals

and aliens =/= fish people

look at all these cheese slopes i have found

too lazy to upload to a photo sharing site

Black ones can be used on roofs :D