Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3908407 times)

BLOCKHEAD BRAND BEST BRAND OF ALL TIME.

I love it, nice job, reminds me of a match box though. Perhaps use a decal instead?

The thing is that if it were any other game, that tie would be jiggleboned.

Blockland can't do that well at all, it would be straight when you started waving that knife around

I could simply animate the ribbon couldn't I?

That would add a bunch of poly's to it, plus it wouldn't look great either.

That would add a bunch of poly's to it, plus it wouldn't look great either.

He could easily animate it and not need to add any extra polys.

With just 26 faces

With just 26 faces

That's going from 10 tris to 52 tris. That's not a big problem, but it does add a bunch.

I mean, it would look good, but not in blockland, cause nothing else does that.

With just 26 faces

-swishswish-

I don't think "easily" the right word for what animating it would be. The animations would either
A: be really clunky
or
B: be incredibly complex
hell, probably even
X: A+B+C

Since cloth is such an open material for animation in order to make it look right wouldn't he need to make an animation for looking up, down, rotating right, rotating left, jumping, crouching, walking, walking left, walking right, so on and so forth?

Unless of course by "easily animate it and not need to add any extra polys" you were just referring to the tiny bit where he wouldn't actually have to add anymore polygons to it in order to animate it.

or you can remember that blockland is supposed to be lego figures and leave it how it is

Unless of course by "easily animate it and not need to add any extra polys" you were just referring to the tiny bit where he wouldn't actually have to add anymore polygons to it in order to animate it.

This, I didn't think animating it was very practical I just wanted to show that it wouldn't add as much to animate it.

You can also make the ribbon look like it's made out of bendy hinged plastic. Most things in blockland are meant to look like toys.

Considering a racing server of my own.