Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3908137 times)

So I found a way to import Deus Ex models into Blender. I'm making a JC Denton model that will be available for SFM/Gmod.

30 minutes later

Man, rigging's boring. I'm going to experiment with the model a little.

hee.

Also Conservative, what are the physics going to be like? I can imagine something really funky where you had four invisible wheels with really relaxed springs and then something similar to plane physics, but idkdkdkk
Actually, after looking into it a bit further, I've realised I'm stuff at animations.

And now I am at a loss, if any of you have the knowledge required for doing so, PM me and I'll PM you the model.

I don't like the fact that I can't render impossible objects without image editing.

I don't like the fact that I can't render impossible objects without image editing.

[IsG width=512]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/5831/butiwanna.png[/img]
bottom ball is cut

bottom ball is cut
Exactly my point. I was going to make a neat gif but it would need a couple of models of this triangle and buttloads of compositing different video sequences together.

Aren't most impossible shapes orthographic? Can't you render it like that?

Run little bottom tower! Run!

a lot also needs to be done with the death animation
mainly timing and posing

« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 07:57:54 PM by Lunar »

That's the idea, I aim to make the map massive, and the vehicles will have the max speed I can put into a vehicle before it becomes ridiculous or break, also, the end of the turbines don't actually have those triangles, that would be the render's fault.

Fixed the triangles with an edge split and now showing which groups may be color-able.
I'm hoping to have buy-able parts, based on how many races you win.
Different engines mainly, the body was loving difficult.
Ohohohoho yey
That looks awesome

Actually, after looking into it a bit further, I've realised I'm stuff at animations.

And now I am at a loss, if any of you have the knowledge required for doing so, PM me and I'll PM you the model.

That's the idea, I aim to make the map massive, and the vehicles will have the max speed I can put into a vehicle before it becomes ridiculous or break, also, the end of the turbines don't actually have those triangles, that would be the render's fault.

Fixed the triangles with an edge split and now showing which groups may be color-able.
Are they going to bank into turns?
If they don't they're just gonna look silly.

I'm hoping to have buy-able parts, based on how many races you win.
man uneven playing fields sure are good fun for everyone

man uneven playing fields sure are good fun for everyone
I said nothing about modifying the handling/speed based on how well the player does, nor did I plan on this.

And again, I cannot make it happen myself.

You can consider the project dead beyond the point of return, unless someone else is willing to do the animations and exporting process.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 01:50:58 AM by Conservative »