Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3838811 times)

Any comments? - From JC2
-snip-
IS THAT TRIANGULATION ON THE HANDLE?
You might want to make the stock a bit thicker, same with these bits:

Not bad. I'm not a huge fan of the stock, it looks like it was sorta thrown together from cubes, instead of being properly designed, if that makes sense. The handle looks a bit weird also, although I couldn't give you a good way to attach it to the barrel. Anyway, good job :D

does this skeleton have accurate human proportions

mostly just talking about lengths. I know that it's missing a lot of vertebrae and stuff like that. it's the pre-made base human skeleton in 3DS Max and I just wanna know if it's close enough to base human (or humanoid) models on

does this skeleton have accurate human proportions
-snip-
mostly just talking about lengths. I know that it's missing a lot of vertebrae and stuff like that. it's the pre-made base human skeleton in 3DS Max and I just wanna know if it's close enough to base human (or humanoid) models on
You can set the viewport background to be some kind of picture of a human and compare it from there.

We're getting closer to the night of ghosts and pumpkins.

i have never realized how spooky skulls look without clear teeth indentations

Doah. Gotta fix the corners on the top side of both Security doors but no biggie.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 03:46:51 PM by LeetZero »

omg those wooden doors are amzing

make frameless variants.

omg those wooden doors are amzing

:cookieMonster:

Update:

Taking suggestions btw.
Also no frameless.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 03:46:01 PM by LeetZero »

alright so I did this earlier

and I'm pretty satisfied with it to be honest, but there's a little issue with the rig in the back

when I position it like this:

this weird squished stuff happens in the back

so, mostly for future reference, what's causing that problem, and what could I do to fix it?

also I'm using CAT in 3DS Max if that matters. I figure most skeletal animation things are pretty similar though
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 06:31:26 PM by Foxscotch »