Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3908972 times)

His whole body weights on those 2 vertexes?
The model is terrific, it just looks a little fragile on those 2 points

I guess this counts, I've been refining the geometry of the IMC assault-class' armour from Titanfall for a cosplay. This is basically a matter of drilling holes and making some screws, because a lot of details are textured on. Once all of the details are in place I intend to just generally smoothen and clean the whole thing up.

Not really. Spartan armour is a full suit, whereas armour in Titanfall is just sparse plating to allow the movement of the game. The helmet is pretty much the only full enclosing piece.

wip

UPDATE: AAAAAA
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 08:10:10 PM by DerpDerp »

Raptor or Hadrosaur. Not a tyrannosaurid or Allosaurid.

Most likely Raptor.

Definitely.

wip

[img ]http://puu.sh/iA2Vs/c1d319ae64.png[/img]

dude yes

very yes

Anyone here particularly experienced working with Source models? For some reason a model I'm trying to export refuses to have its textures correctly. Details here.

Raptor or Hadrosaur. Not a tyrannosaurid or Allosaurid.

Most likely Raptor.

Definitely.
Most likely Raptor.

Anyone here particularly experienced working with Source models? For some reason a model I'm trying to export refuses to have its textures correctly. Details here.
Source models are a a giant pain in the ass to work with, what software are you using.

What directory are the sight's texture in and what directory does the model's QC have for $cdmaterials?

Also, make sure that your exporting the sights with the materials of the same name as the VMT/VTF file, you can open up the exported SMD with notepad to check the material name(s)

Source models are a a giant pain in the ass to work with, what software are you using.
Actually they're not, especially once you've learned a few things about how stuff works