Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3909054 times)

For now they're just items/hats, but I can certainly make them add protection.

I'm wondering though if I should stop making hats and instead turn these into actual player types. I might make a mod discussion thread soon, probably don't want to spam up this thread.
Add protection

also still make them hats, dont make them playertypes, what I like of hats, is that you can customize your character as you wish
with playertypes, not really

its hard to impossible not to make them playertypes, since the functions needed to adjust the damage received are part of the playertype code iirc. i believe there are tricks one can use to get around it, but no universal solution that would work for all playertypes

personally id prefer them just to be hats, and let the user determine/assign the protection through use of playertypes and events. the only thing id ask for is putting ina feature to allow the hats to be placed on using events

its hard to impossible not to make them playertypes, since the functions needed to adjust the damage received are part of the playertype code iirc. i believe there are tricks one can use to get around it, but no universal solution that would work for all playertypes

personally id prefer them just to be hats, and let the user determine/assign the protection through use of playertypes and events. the only thing id ask for is putting ina feature to allow the hats to be placed on using events
No there's a pretty easy way to make them universally compatible with all blockhead class playertypes.

nope, theres quite a few armor packs that reduce damage without using another playertype

One of the reasons I was thinking about a custom playertype is so I could UV map the back of the player's chest to put a decal on it like this:

Is there a better way to achieve that? Should I make the clone helmet also hide the chest, and then mount a UV mapped chest? A custom playertype/mounting a new chest with decal would also make the decal (or texture in this case) server sided right? I really want this all to be downloadable by the player when they join a server, not client sided.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 06:59:48 PM by Darryl McKoy »

I like the idea of the helmet hiding the chest parts and adding UV thingy

but not playertype pls

Can you make separate versions for hatmod?

One of the reasons I was thinking about a custom playertype is so I could UV map the back of the player's chest to put a decal on it like this:

Is there a better way to achieve that? Should I make the clone helmet also hide the chest, and then mount a UV mapped chest? A custom playertype/mounting a new chest with decal would also make the decal (or texture in this case) server sided right? I really want this all to be downloadable by the player when they join a server, not client sided.
you could make a flat shape (same size as the back) on the back of the player with that texture.

idk i tried
ive been playing a lot of dark souls

idk i tried
That's not that bad, I like it.

idk i tried
Almost perfect. Might I suggest triangulating the two triangles that stick out near the middle of the blade?
Like, make a cut into the top face of the two triangles so that its like spikes/pyramids