Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3844672 times)

A few of the many characters I made for an upcoming short which will be released around halloween.

I know that they're pretty smoothed out but it's mainly for flexibility.

Darkstar, how do you animate your shorts? Do you just use action editor, or is there some scene editor where you can paste in actions and stuff. Like how windows movie maker takes videos and makes them into a big video. Is there something that takes animations and you can pack them together into a big scene?

I use individual action editors for different characters. I haven't found a way to just copy and paste keyframes all over the place but I know you can copy poses. Basically I just do it the old fashioned way, which is to just hand animate practically everything. It takes forever but ill try to learn shortcuts as I make more stuff, and if I do I'll tell you. I've heard you can animate stuff with just code.

A few of the many characters I made for an upcoming short which will be released around halloween.

-snips-

I know that they're pretty smoothed out but it's mainly for flexibility.

I hear a Witch.

Lights off!

The handle has a grip on it, but yes, it is.
If it's made out of many different shapes than it will most likely cause more lag than simply extruding, I learned my lesson doing that to.

Although I suck at extruding :c

If it's made out of many different shapes than it will most likely cause more lag than simply extruding, I learned my lesson doing that to.

Although I suck at extruding :c
What.
My computer can run SketchUp with no lag at all, even with an incredibly large model with many shapes and faces.

imo, the ghost looks awesome. He's my favorite.

imo, the ghost looks awesome. He's my favorite.

well I kinda cheated on the blanket and used a cloth simulation, then just converted it to a model :3

I like the clown :D

And the zombie should have the chip missing on the other side, to me.

What.
My computer can run SketchUp with no lag at all, even with an incredibly large model with many shapes and faces.

Yes but you could make a model with i dont know 30mil polys and it not lag on the modeling program but if you try to get that in game x.x you die =D

I like them all, and the tier for the unicycle is really good.

well I kinda cheated on the blanket and used a cloth simulation, then just converted it to a model :3

:3

Yes but you could make a model with i dont know 30mil polys and it not lag on the modeling program but if you try to get that in game x.x you die =D
Yes, that I could agree with.
30 Million polygons is way too much.

:c I don't like the top guy.

go, go, combat bomber update