Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3772105 times)

Qwop.

Generic shotgun. More of a practice model so I can improve my barrels, sights, triggers, handles and over all shape. I'll probably fix up my other models too.

3 major problems with this model that you might want to fix

real shotguns (specifically, pump) essentially have 2 barrels attached to eachother: google any shotgun, you'll see what i mean. the pump is on the bottom barrel.

the gun is WAAAAAY too short. even i know that. should be at least 2x the height

the sights need to be a bit more bent. definately not circular, but not square

Generic shotgun. More of a practice model so I can improve my barrels, sights, triggers, handles and over all shape. I'll probably fix up my other models too.
Honestly I thought it was a pistol at first

Personally, I don't care about your unnecessary player model and totally generic weapon. Keep it private.
This is a topic to show off 3d models, are you dense?

This is a topic to show off 3d models, are you dense?

He was saying to keep the mod private?

3 major problems with this model that you might want to fix

real shotguns (specifically, pump) essentially have 2 barrels attached to eachother: google any shotgun, you'll see what i mean. the pump is on the bottom barrel.

the gun is WAAAAAY too short. even i know that. should be at least 2x the height

I'm sorry, but he doesn't have to make his gun look exactly how you want it.
I think it's a creative design.

Depends on how he scripts it. So far I've never seen him script.
Not really.

Because one of Gikon's main attributes was his use of extreme detail on all of his "blocko" weapons.

Height? You want this to be extremley tall? We don't want a towerforget, we want a shotgun.

I like the sights blocky like this, it uses less polys and generally looks pretty cute-ish. Its not as if it will have a down-the-barrel aim.

I do agree with this, however. Attached the pump area somehow to the top barrel. It would make a bit more sense, I guess.

Overall, I really like that shotgun. Its short, cute and blocky. I can picture it in Blockland now ;P

Updated, mainly just the trigger is what i changed.

I personally thing that the beveling is unnecessary. But that is just me.

Height? You want this to be extremley tall? We don't want a towerforget, we want a shotgun.

worded this wrong

the LENGTH should be 2x the height.

I personally thing that the beveling is unnecessary. But that is just me.
It's only 192 polys.

:D