Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3813859 times)

make the glass top a water brick so you can build in it
You would then be able to press the button inside of it anyway.

Also apparently the rounded buttons ended up looking exactly like the JVS ones.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 12:24:32 PM by LeetZero »

Also apparently the rounded buttons ended up looking exactly like the JVS ones.

No they don't they have 6 sides, the JVS ones however have 8 and look better with the brick grid because of that

No they don't they have 6 sides, the JVS ones however have 8 and look better with the brick grid because of that
Oh well. I'll keep them like this because it's not like I want to copy JVS. Though yeah they don't really fit with the brick grid all that well now anymore. But if I remember correctly even the JVS ones were sightly rotated, despite being 8-sided, so there's not really any improvement. Though I don't remember that that well.

Oh well. I'll keep them like this because it's not like I want to copy JVS. Though yeah they don't really fit with the brick grid all that well now anymore. But if I remember correctly even the JVS ones were sightly rotated, despite being 8-sided, so there's not really any improvement. Though I don't remember that that well.
Just rotate it so 2 sides are aligned

Just rotate it so 2 sides are aligned
Yeah I'll just do that.
Updated the pic uptop.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 12:24:43 PM by LeetZero »

Leet, You planning to release these switches?

Leet, You planning to release these switches?
Like usual, yes but not on RTB or BLF. Still taking suggestions.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 12:42:04 PM by LeetZero »

modelling question

are most models you guys make made of separate pieces or all they all formed from a single geometric shape.

And if its not the latter, do you have to group the pieces depending on what software you use

i use a bunch of separate pieces then have to group the pieces

by the way, leet, what software are you using

you're ruining me

does anyone know how to make blbs in milkshape

well that took a while

Technically the reticule in a holosight doesn't appear on the surface of the glass, instead it appears at infinity.

However I can't really think of anyway to emulate that in Torque, outside of placing the reticule further down the sight and doing some fancy scripting or something to make it only show up when your view is angled down the sights (Or you could somehow toggle it in a ADS script, but who would even script such a thing for a Blockland add on?)

you're ruining me

does anyone know how to make blbs in milkshape

Milkshape can export Wavefront .obj, it should be fine.
Though you won't be able to work with textures.