Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3916399 times)

this almost looks good except that the thicker plastic actually renders lighter than the thinner plastic

How though.

Another update on front of vehicle.

So I made my first reload animation.

After some minor improvements (and with glitches due to extending the animation in Blender):

As it turns out, I am bad at reload animations.
Oh my god now all I want is a gun that when it reloads, you throw the magazine away and it can have a chance to hit someone and do like 50 damage.

Oh my god now all I want is a gun that when it reloads, you throw the magazine away and it can have a chance to hit someone and do like 50 damage.
good idea

It looks pretty good so far, I need to work on that nose piece and the angle of the mouth. Any more feedback is still appreciated.

Are you making it blocko or just a lowpoly version of the helmet?

When I started on the clone helmet I began with a cube but it looked ugly as forget so I ended up going low-poly
I guess this answered it, if it sucks when I finish the model then I'll move on to low poly.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 10:40:48 PM by JJJMan4 »

I've been trying to make 3D rendered sprites that look like hand-drawn 2D sprites for a while. I finally got this result which I'm pretty happy with:

the model which I made in MakeHuman because I don't want to waste my time modeling and rigging a generic human:

What's going on is I'm multiplying these different maps together in the compositor:
Depth:

AO:

Lighting: (dot product from the normal map)

It's basically being shaded completely in the compositor.

Would pair well with

It looks pretty good so far, I need to work on that nose piece and the angle of the mouth. Any more feedback is still appreciated.
I guess this answered it, if it sucks when I finish the model then I'll move on to low poly.

Now all the main components are done. All that's left is feedback and getting rid of faces/line where needed. The model was split in half so it was copied and flipped hence why the center looks weird, it'll get fixed. I'll work on the little circle thing on the left side of the chin when everything else is good.

Please feel free to share opinions no matter how negative as long as will help me improve the model and/or redo it entirely.

EDIT: I did forget to put something that went between where the eye and mouth meet.

For being blocko there is some really small detail that's inconsistent with the helmet as a whole

center hump between eyes should be lowered a tad, or just fully connected to the top edge. the thin gap as it is looks like a modeling error or something instead of intentional.

i need some Emergency Advice

say i have a cylinder with two flat sides. one of the sides has an intricate design of edges and vertices that i want to extrude into something. the other does not. how do i quickly copy said design from the complete side to the other.