Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3911804 times)

After stuff, like 3 or 4 hours of non stop modeling I finally finished my merlin
Modeled after the frigate from EVE online

Featuring:
A p decent model imo

Nice details, afwul modeling techniques and horrible chroma keying

View in 3D

Cant say I didnt try

Sweet models Khoz, are they going to end up in BL in a pack or just for fun?

Honestly, I've been working on this pack for about 3 years and nothing has really come of it. That said, you never know.

I really hope to see them in action some day...

I really really like those models.

If you start this animation with the smoke emitter still attached to the muzzle, does it move weirdly in 3rd person? Like both the 1st and 3rd person animations are somehow playing at the same time?

I got this problem when exporting the new dup model so I'm wondering if I did it wrong or the engine is broken.
i didn't put two muzzlenodes or two ejectpoints: the model uses two different armatures and each point only exists once in the model. Only the ejectpoint is animated; the muzzlenode never moves, but the moving eject point appears to be oddly okay in third person despite being animated. May need someone else to help test this though.

however, my experience during the development of the laser range finder, if you use eyeoffset, it will look fine in first person when drawing anything from the muzzlenode but not so in third person (it will spawn the projectiles or whatever from the position you see them spawn in in first person). if you tab out to third person and shoot, it will shoot from the normal muzzlenode though.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 06:23:12 PM by Conan »

fantastic, my favourite guns there are
Iron bomber
Panic Attack
Cleaner's carbine
Hitman's heatmaker
The Iron Curtain
The Revolver
Reserve Shooter
the Liberty Launcher
Brass Beast
Babyface
and the black box

your guns are very fantastic, maybe better than Path
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 03:08:46 PM by BlocklandBlockoCity »

Honestly, I've been working on this pack for about 3 years and nothing has really come of it. That said, you never know.
i saw these on deviantart from a while ago, and they really inspired me to get into the modeling business. These are probably some of the best models in existence.

your guns are very fantastic, maybe better than Path
how dare you

A half assed scythe from owari no seraph
Watch in 3D

Was too lazy to do the back and the blade is too small but I forgeted up modeling and its too hard to adjust
Dont use limited disolve

Im way too productive when I have nothing to do

EDIT: Asuramaru was hell and I didnt even do it right
View in 3D
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 02:01:10 PM by espio100 »

how dare you
why? path is a problem user.
his reputation fell to pieces

why? path is a problem user.
his reputation fell to pieces
That and the guns use the overly-exaggerated bulky style which eh is waaayyy over-done and doesn't really fit BL too well

That and the guns use the overly-exaggerated bulky style which eh is waaayyy over-done and doesn't really fit BL too well
theres no generally accepted 'fit into bl well' style tbh
Plus its interesting that you talk about fitting well when your musket packs essentialky clip through the player hand

inh you didnt need to attack path like that jeez

lets keep this topic drama free, okay?