The new and improved 3D model topic!

Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3825711 times)

little man that will be the generic customizable model for a lame game

they grow up so fast Q_Q

im super proud i got a system set up so all the accessories (so far just the hair) will be random on spawn, both model and color

the hair's just a small prefab, tomorrow ill model two more hairstyles and maybe some armor or weaponry that follows the same system

it's pretty basic (unless youre doing it for the first time) but ive always wanted to set something up like this in Unity

edit:
wanted to x-post to the game design thread but i feel like everyone that goes here, goes there too

Eden but green with black hair?

This is my first model. It's the Jericho 941R from Cowboy Bebop.

Sorry that I don't know how to take pro-screenies yet :P

much thanks to good friend irrel for teaching me

<first model

pls
this is nothing. go on any 3d artists forum and you'll see people posting stuff like this

saying they've never used a computer before but made it in the first 5 minutes after they picked up blender

this is nothing. go on any 3d artists forum and you'll see people posting stuff like this

saying they've never used a computer before but made it in the first 5 minutes after they picked up blender
r u mad that he can model better than u xD

ok? lol so what if it isn't some photorealistic piece comprised of youtube tutorials

ok? lol so what if it isn't some photorealistic piece comprised of youtube tutorials

he's not critiquing his model though?

he's not critiquing his model though?
that's not what i'm getting at, it's just looks pretty negative in the way where it's like "yeah but it's not good as this guy's first model". even without ill intent it's just terrible wording or portrayed wrong yknow my man

that's not what i'm getting at, it's just looks pretty negative in the way where it's like "yeah but it's not good as this guy's first model". even without ill intent it's just terrible wording or portrayed wrong yknow my man

he's not saying "it's not as good as this guy's first model" he's saying that people lie about well-made models being their first

or at least that's what I got from it