Author Topic: Wiki: Blockland  (Read 22800 times)

Tom

Could we report him for not contributing?

I can still see the pictures, maybe your blocking them somehow?

As a suggestion to all who can edit, maybe you should take..
There were a large number of user created mods and add-ons for Version 0002 (Also known as "vanilla blockland"), the most notable being full-conversion mods such as RTB (Return to Blockland), AiO/AiO-R (All-in-One/All-in-One-Reloaded), BLM (Blockland mod) and TBM (The Better Mod). After Retail Blockland was released, the only one of these mods that still remained is RTB, which is no longer a full conversion.
..out of the development section and make a new section for modifications. If you really want to you can also seperate outdated mods from active ones.

I think these should be deleted altogether. They really aren't relevant to the current version at all, and the history of the game really doesn't matter unless something amazing happened like the Blockland beta received first prize at a major game conference and Badspot won 2 billion dollars which he used to open up a charity to supply poor children with free copies of blockland.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 04:25:09 PM by Wedge »

blah
I believed you couldn't see them, I never thought you were lying or something, you don't have to post a picture.

It's clear to everyone else (since we can all see them) that it's an issue with your browser and not the article.

Awesome double post
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 04:30:09 PM by Wedge »

"Welcome to Wikipedia. Please be wary of editors misusing warning templates and have a nice day." Sergeant Peppers

Who is Sergeant Peppers?

Some guy who indirectly insulted gordonrox on Ephi's talk page.

Is it correct to say that the publisher is Eric "Badspot" Hartman? Isn't Step 1: Games LLC the actual publisher of the game? It's something that has always bugged me but I never addressed it.

Step one games is probably right

Blockland's development was planned from the start of the first beta (Known as v0002), first released in 2004. It is still unclear to anyone but Badspot what the future of Blockland holds, Realistic physics was suggested, and then added in Version 11, released on the 16th of March 2009.

This needs revision and perhaps deletion.

Someone else can do that, All I do is deal with the friends removing references and adding a roostertail of stupid tags that I don't care to know the meaning of.

This needs revision and perhaps deletion.

It does need deletion, you should delete it. Don't forget to provide a reason why in the box at the bottom of the screen.

It does need deletion, you should delete it. Don't forget to provide a reason why in the box at the bottom of the screen.

I did it now.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 03:55:41 PM by FlyGuy45 »

Tom

GAH, HE JUST REMOVED MORE!

AH
"Is this posted by an owner of the Blockland company, or is it by a user? If we're positive it's by an officer of the company then it's essentially a press release and usable as a primary source. Squidfryerchef (talk) 17:46, 26 April 2009 (UTC)"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Reliable_sources/Noticeboard#Request_for_help_in_determining_if_this_source_is_reliable
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 04:31:27 PM by Tom »

The sentence that badspot was asked to be employed by lego never belonged in the article to begin with.

However, the fact that gordonrox took the advice of the editors to mean that the forums and website can't be used to source anything at all is unfortunate.

Tom

The main thing I was ooking at was the Press Release thing. I think I need to do some research to see what is considered a press release to Wikipedia.

I'm currently looking in the Reliable sources discussion for information about using official sites for basic facts.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 08:10:39 PM by Tom »