Author Topic: Hating on the new guy, are we?  (Read 3049 times)

I find higher IDs annoying most of the time.
And that is simply an observation.

But I wouldn't ban them simply because of the ID.

This right here, is the answer.

Higher ID's, being new to Blockland, are typically less game-intelligent, as they have only been playing a short time. However, not all high ID's are bad, as some of them have either played before, or are just naturally good at playing.

Higher I.D.s can be annoying. They're always asking questions all the time, "So, what do I do?." "How do I build." "How to I ask a girl out?" Lol. They are so annoying. And then when you tell them to stop asking questions they say, "Sorry," "I'm bored" Then they ask more questions five minutes later. Plus, when  you set up a freebuild or a city build, I believe they are usually the ones shooting weapons even when you tell them to stop for like the fifth time. Also, I believe they are the ones that constantly ask for admin, and sometimes spam the chatbox. And if you don't give them admin, they say, "PLZPLZPLZPLZ!!!" Like it's the most important thing in the freaken world. And then finally, on top of all of that they leave with a, "This server sucks..." or "This server is boring..." "I'm leaving" And then they leave and your like THANK YOU GOD! That's why noobs are hated so much, because they are usually a bunch of 5-10 yr old babies that whine and ask fifty questions at once! There, that was my super, long rant about noobs! Happy? Lol.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 02:42:15 PM by Frogg »

Sometimes, high ID's are cool.  They realize that every server is not a server designed to help them learn the game, so they aren't asking 90 million questions in every server they go too.  They also realize their limitations, and are totally fine with not building and just hanging out while the host and his crew work on the build.

Sometimes, they are really annoying.  Grammar and spelling are absent from their small vocabularies.  They think that everyone is automatically going to help them out in everything they do, and ask tons of questions on servers where newbies are not welcome.  Then they get all mad when they are banned for being annoying.

Therefore, I never ban because of ID.  Usually, it only takes one sentence from a high ID to realize exactly what kind of person he is.  If someone with an ID 12000 comes on my server and says "HEY GUYS HOW DO I BUILD HELP HELP" or "WHERE IS THE MINI" or "WHY CANT I BUILD WAAAAH" they are automatically banned, usually for about an hour.

If they come on with an high ID and say "Hey, what's up", or something with proper grammar that is friendly and welcoming, usually that means they are fine, and willing to learn.

If someone comes on my server with the default uniform, they are banned for 1 minute with reason "Change your uniform." 

If someone comes on my server with the name "Blockhead12457" they are banned for 1 minute with reason "Change your name."

Anyone who I do not know who asks for admin once gets banned for an hour.  Anyone who I know that I don't think should be an admin who asks for admin just gets told "No", and that's the end of it.  Repeated asking after being told no is given a warning, then kick, then ban for 10 minutes.

tl;dr I don't discriminate by ID, but by many other signs that all contribute to a well-administrated and popular server.

This right here, is the answer.
Good to know I've still got it.
 :cookieMonster:

If someone comes on my server with the default uniform, they are banned for 1 minute with reason "Change your uniform." 

If someone comes on my server with the name "Blockhead12457" they are banned for 1 minute with reason "Change your name."

You shouldn't haved to make them change their uniform, thats just being an idiot.

Their name, maybe they don't want a name, maybe they want the default.
just let them play the game. If you don't like the way other people look or have names then you have problems.
btw I use default uniform.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 05:58:19 PM by The God Block »

I am extremely new, and a month into playing I am now not a "noob". Hawk just join a good server. That is all you can do right now without getting banned from handicapped servers.

There probably thinking older players are less nooby and won't cause hell. I would probably give anyone a chance. :)

banned for Being new saying i'm from roblox at the time i did not know what roblox was

-snip-
Wow you're a loving hypocrite. I mean they are new what do you expect do you think they will learn everything about the game and dumbass members like you in the tutorial?

Actually, noob is another word for newb, meaning "newbie".

Anyway, there have been several really awesome newbs lately.

Wow you're a loving hypocrite. I mean they are new what do you expect do you think they will learn everything about the game and dumbass members like you in the tutorial?

Hey, don't call me a hypocrite. Hell, I don't think you even know the meaning of that word. I am simply saying most, not all noobs keep asking questions and annoying people and stuff, perhaps I should have put that in there. I didn't mean all, I am not that, "tribal" so to speak. And I did have a 4000 guy earlier who annoyed the hell out of me, so perhaps I spoke too soon. But seriously, who put an enema in your ass? It's just a game, not a freaken company. So calm the forget down before you explode, lol.

snip
I was like that when I joined but noone ever banned me. I'd ask a question, they'd ignore me. So, I figured out how to play by myself :c

They're asking questions 'cause they need help.

Actually, noob is another word for newb, meaning "newbie".

Anyway, there have been several really awesome newbs lately.
Hahahaha, no.

Noob has an other meaning than newbie.

Hahahaha, no.

Noob has an other meaning than newbie.

To me, the word noob is meaningless. People simply throw it at anyone they don't like.