Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5954849 times)

Don't ask me. I've never used it, just heard about it.

Trying to read it, it just looks like a more complex version of replacing the jar, where you must put all the files manually for only one version and then take it back out. All I want is for it to switch out different versions of the .jar for me instead of going to the folder, moving files, deleting, renaming, every time I want to play with someone who's too stubborn to upgrade to pre2, which I then must repeat the process to go back to pre2 before someone else comes online and says "Nope, 1.8.1"

Trying to read it, it just looks like a more complex version of replacing the jar, where you must put all the files manually for only one version and then take it back out. All I want is for it to switch out different versions of the .jar for me instead of going to the folder, moving files, deleting, renaming, every time I want to play with someone who's too stubborn to upgrade to pre2, which I then must repeat the process to go back to pre2 before someone else comes online and says "Nope, 1.8.1"
Quick question, not to spark an argument.
How is a person stubborn for not wanting to go to pre2?

Quick question, not to spark an argument.
How is a person stubborn for not wanting to go to pre2?

The point of the pre-release for ALL this content is for it to be tested, and I'd like to test the SMP with people who aren't griefers on random servers I look up. They don't want to be spoiled when they surely already hear of all this. And besides, the update is fun, and I heard the lag problem is fixed at least a bit in Pre2 (My computer never had a problem with it).

You gotta fix the lighting, the snow looks like ugly sand.
Its not actually a mod or anything.
I just went into the nether with mcedit and used the replace tool and replaced netherrack with snow, soul sand with ice, and the lava pools with water.

Its not actually a mod or anything.
I just went into the nether with mcedit and used the replace tool and replaced netherrack with snow, soul sand with ice, and the lava pools with water.

Gravel, Nether Brick, Nether Brick Stairs, Nether Brick Fence, Flowing Lava.

Well plad101 and doctordoodler, the server is up. We'll do a little test run.
IP is 50.97.134.165:25653

Gravel, Nether Brick, Nether Brick Stairs, Nether Brick Fence, Flowing Lava.

Gravel and Flowing lava are in Beta 1.8.1 Nether.
not gravel. Or at least not in my nether
And mcedit can't replace flowing lava

Gravel can be in the nether, not just in 1.8.
And the same with flowing lava.(?)

Well plad101 and doctordoodler, the server is up. We'll do a little test run.
IP is 50.97.134.165:25653
You are not whitelisted on this server

« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 05:19:45 PM by zeros_bro »