Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5849111 times)

whoa how do you even play with fps that low?

I used play with low fps on a laptop from ~2008. It's painful, but you manage.

Now i'm getting 30-50 fps on my desktop, without optifine.

13? :O

Actually it's probably more around 20, but it tends to dip down there (or lower) when lots of things are going on

whoa how do you even play with fps that low?

I hardly notice it, I guess I'm just used to low-quality gaming

I've honestly given up running modded MC on this piece of stuff PC. I get lagspikes every other 10 seconds, which interrupts the 10FPS gameplay where you get slice-n-diced by zombies because when you try and move your mouse you end up overshooting because the feedback is so laggy. And that's on minimum possible settings. I can't even run NORMAL Minecraft at a decent framerate...

why don't official modpacks include optifine now
tekkit classic seems to be the only one

After hearing all these tales of fps woes, and after experiencing it myself when minecraft was first released, I'm just glad I can run it on everything fancy, SEUS 10.1 Ultra Shaders, a heap of mods, and a 128x128 resource pack and get consistent 40fps.

why don't official modpacks include optifine now
tekkit classic seems to be the only one

think the creator hasnt given permission to add it in most packs

So I saw a video appear in my YT sub box featuring Slime Blocks and was like what

Checked the changelog and holy stuff they're adding lots of random things in 1.8

Granite? Endermites? Independently editable arms and legs on skins and the extension of the "hat" layer to the whole body? jfc

"Dinnerbone has stated he has an "Ultimate Plan" with Endermites that might include the dragon egg. However, he also mentioned he hasn't discussed this idea with the rest of the team yet" what in hell's blazes
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 08:34:35 PM by Regulith »

So uh, this is all the stuff Momentum and Ike have been working on, I've helped with world edit a bit and cleared up space but they did almost all the building, so yeah.
Here's what we've done in the past few months of building stuff.

here's our finished house, this the first thing we started on and we're going to remodel it

Momentums room.

top floor general hangout area

bottom floor near happening room

this is the happening room, we're going to probably make it so the table goes in and then opens a pit where we jump into and make it an escape pod later on.

this is my room, thanks to momentum, he built it

this is the cathedral

archery range

this is the apartment complex

babby tier rooms

idk what this is

good goy hangout

front picture of house, thing on right is a mine

our tower

across the bridge is this house that ladezkik made

here's a picture of the bridge

this was from the boat, that's where we first started operation and then we expanded and expanded.

ikes pirate ship

inside the house, its a studio

another picture of down where the entrances are

transportation system

house on new island, not done but w/e

wip wall

It's all kind of hit or miss with me; some of the structures look really cool, while others are just bland or...kinda ugly, to put it bluntly

Regardless, well done, that must've taken a lot of hard work

It's all kind of hit or miss with me; some of the structures look really cool, while others are just bland or...kinda ugly, to put it bluntly

Regardless, well done, that must've taken a lot of hard work
We're redoing most of the roads so it doesn't look so cramped. We're also going to redo a bunch of other stuff but yeah

Remainder of pictures:

entire picture of the area, we're going to fix the waterfall and fill in all the empty stuff, but this is what we have done so far, this is like 2 months of work

top level farm

middle

bottom

how does one get back into minecraft?

Its only really fun to play with people.

how does one get back into minecraft?

Its only really fun to play with people.

Try mods

I've been playing with a pack for the last week and even after flat-out saying I don't care about vanilla Minecraft anymore I seriously just started up a new vanilla world with the latest snapshot after reading about the new features a few hours ago