Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5835431 times)

TruBluRage is now one of the First 7 In Nicks serber
:D
I thought we already had 7.

Who was replaced / were there only 6?

I thought we already had 7.

Who was replaced / were there only 6?
According to a bunch of people posting, Drop is hosting his own server. So I booted him.

According to a bunch of people posting, Drop is hosting his own server. So I booted him.
You should check with him, because I'm pretty sure you could host without playing on the server your hosting.

You should check with him, because I'm pretty sure you could host without playing on the server your hosting.
Depending on how many people join his and are playing on mine it could put stress on his computer, thinking about how unstable MPS might be when it first comes out.

Depending on how many people join his and are playing on mine it could put stress on his computer, thinking about how unstable MPS might be when it first comes out.
I don't think playing on yours should stress him, but playing on his will definitely stress him.

Still, if he's got the power then he can manage it. Or, you know, a separate computer for this stuff.

I don't think playing on yours should stress him, but playing on his will definitely stress him.

Still, if he's got the power then he can manage it. Or, you know, a separate computer for this stuff.
True. But Tru's making a bunch of ideas for mining, they sound pretty useful. We could also use the cobblestone taken from his mines for the fortress.

True. But Tru's making a bunch of ideas for mining, they sound pretty useful. We could also use the cobblestone taken from his mines for the fortress.

Probably wouldn't be too hard to just do an 8x8 strip down to the bottom (depending on height, makes about 48x64 blocks mined). With 7 people, it'd probably take a little less than a day.
Then we build a tower up from there and the caverns intersecting become mining zones.

Most of my mining strategies involve digging to the bottom and taking whatever I run into.

Are the SECRET FUN STUFFS lit up already, or are they dark? And are the mob generated even on peaceful?

Probably wouldn't be too hard to just do an 8x8 strip down to the bottom (depending on height, makes about 48x64 blocks mined). With 7 people, it'd probably take a little less than a day.
Then we build a tower up from there and the caverns intersecting become mining zones.

Most of my mining strategies involve digging to the bottom and taking whatever I run into.
Nick has an idea and I shall now illustrate it:

Depending on where we choose to open the mine, whether ontop of a mountain or on the side of it/a hill, we can set it up as follows. After we hit the bottom, we can build a way for minecarts to go up and down the shaft. After hitting the bottom, we go off in either two or four directions, most likely two at the beginning. On the walls above the bottom, we could open up other shafts. Each miner could be responsible for his own shaft of the mine. With all the spare cobblestone dug out from doing this, we'd have enough picks to last them ages.

SLKVEOIJBUIRHT984UT
forget THIS

Nick has an idea and I shall now illustrate it:

Depending on where we choose to open the mine, whether ontop of a mountain or on the side of it/a hill, we can set it up as follows. After we hit the bottom, we can build a way for minecarts to go up and down the shaft. After hitting the bottom, we go off in either two or four directions, most likely two at the beginning. On the walls above the bottom, we could open up other shafts. Each miner could be responsible for his own shaft of the mine. With all the spare cobblestone dug out from doing this, we'd have enough picks to last them ages.
Minecarts going up: are you crazy? Unless we get self propelling soon that isn't happening.

A water elevator is simpler and protects from lava influx.

EDIT: I did a quick strip mine test and was able to get down 8 layers in the period of one night and day.
Assuming a height of 48, we have 6 people mine and 1 person do above ground stuff (get wood, mostly, but also pig meat)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 02:31:18 AM by rkynick »

Ooh boy guys NickTheSushi has his very own exclusive Minecraft group! HES SO COOL!

Ooh boy guys NickTheSushi has his very own exclusive Minecraft group! HES SO COOL!
It isn't exclusive. Anyone can join, you prick.

@Rky
People would push the minecarts back up the ramp that goes around the entire shaft that goes down to the bottom of the map. Thats what the red line represents.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 10:54:46 AM by NickTheSushi »

The original 7 are the admins, but anyone else can join.

@Rky
People would push the minecarts back up the ramp that goes around the entire shaft that goes down to the bottom of the map. Thats what the red line represents.

THe problem here is how doop is it gonna be?

I dont think i would wana puch the cart up all that.