Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5777668 times)

I can't play this. It freezes up during movement for about 10 seconds, runs fine, and then it does it again. Even with the draw distance set to low and everything. :c

Wait for it to load?

Also, the "new" trees are meant to be that way. Weeks ago, he had the same trees, but removed them because of other errors they were causing, and the leaves had to be static.

Chef made nice hous with pool c:

Here is the beginning of the challenge map, I'm still working on burning off the leaves, the find/replace operation for leaves doesn't seem to be working right.

The idea is that you're in a desert, and besides the tiny oasis I'm going to be making there's no wood to be had.

Among the hazards of the desert are the huge fields of cactus, the lack of food, and sudden cave ins.

The landscape changes at the moment:

Grass > Sand
Dirt > Sand
Gravel > Sand
Water > Sand
Tree Trunk > Cactus
Flower > Cactus

You'll start off at an oasis with a very small renewable supply of wood and a chest with a few supplies. I need suggestions for what to include, but currently it's:

1 workbench (so if you completely blow all your wood on the first day you can at least craft)
3 seeds
3 flint and steel (there is no gravel in the map)
1 wood sword
15 wool (you'll need to pick which pieces of armor you want to make)
1 apple

If you walk far enough in one direction you'll start generating new chunks and they'll be full of grass, water, trees and pigs. The desert area isn't a perfect square, you could walk in 2 minutes in one direction and still not see the end of the desert and 40 seconds in another and be standing in a lush forest. I don't care what you do with the map on your own but I'm hoping for the map challenge people stay honest and don't wander off into the green and come back with arm loads of ham and wood.

Here is a map of the world so far. All of the "trees" you see are actually huge cactus plants with leaves. Most of the leaves naturally fall off but there's a little 5 block + sign of leaves that stick around on top of the cacti (you can see these in the map). That's what I'm trying to burn off. You can see where a few chunks of pristine land generated up at the top, and you can also see a few random forest (?) fires where I'm burning off the leaves. My plan is to convert the rest of the generated world to stone, so it's very clear where you should not go and no pigs wander out into the desert from the rest of the world. Of course if you wander past the giant stone ring you'll run into grass again but I can't help that.

The map is centered on the spawn. I'm eventually going to move the spawn out to the left a bit into the flat area that was the ocean and place an oasis there.

I'm also thinking about putting a wood fort out somewhere for people to discover with some treasure in it.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 02:28:49 PM by Wedge »

Im guessing the red is lava

Anyone feel like playing a CTF?

You should make Lava into Water.

Atleast have SOME water :C

There will be water in the oasis, but just one square. The moment I throw in more than one people can generate all the water they want using the infinite water trick and I don't want people to be able to irrigate the whole desert. However, putting it deep underground where the lava is isn't a bad idea since they'll still have to dig for it, but I think people find lava a lot more fun.