Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5850151 times)

edit: i dislike how you must connect to other servers through the minecraft server first, instead of directly to other computers :c
It would be good if you could do it without connecting to the Minecraft server.

blagh, minecraft.net needs to get back up

I entered no word in the seed and generated a new world, that popped up.
No seed = random number seed, like in any version before 1.3

you used a mod to make that? as every world has a seedi'm a ducky, duh
just make a grass chain, well lit
it should take about an hour or so :D
FFFUUU

Okay, so i got my server up and running, but when somebody joins it gets all glitchy, and never works right, any idea why that would be?
dunno, maybe a firewall.

what OS are you using?

What's wrong? :C
hao2bypass
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 03:48:58 PM by brickybob »

Probably because site is down.

stuff... forgot to re-download the launcher. I deleted it because I fked something up and since the site is down I can't get it. Any other places I can get it from?

If anyone can print out a 42 by 21 inch picture, here is a large papercraft head download I made.
http://download259.mediafire.com/ghy5az6d7rsg/75n6s8gnqucgg8c/42X2_Minecraft_Head_Papercraft.png
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 04:09:09 PM by Awasp »

Probably because site is down.

stuff... forgot to re-download the launcher. I deleted it because I fked something up and since the site is down I can't get it. Any other places I can get it from?

I highly reccomend that you do not download any launchers from anywhere except for minecraft.net. My friend downloaded a launcher from somebody else because minecraft.net was down and he got a keylogger, stealing his password for his Steam, and his Minecraft account.

I can give you a legit launcher. I wouldn't risk a ban.

You can log into the 1.3 launcher, but not the 1.2, but you can't join any servers.

When the minecraft site is back up, I will be hosting, however, there's a chance that I'll be putting a whitelist on it.

This server is primarily for me, my family, and IRL friends.

However, it would be quite lonely with only 3-5 people. I might let in a few Blocklanders just to have a bit more population.

The only mods it will be using is:
-Bukkit (Allows below mods to be run.)
-NetherGate (Make a nether portal in multiplayer, this is done the same way it's done in singleplayer.)
-Persistence (Required for NetherGate, just allows multiple worlds.)
-FairSpawn (Change your spawn point by right-clicking with a compass. Can only do this every 30 minutes.)

chrono, can i join when it's up? :D