Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5850761 times)

in real life diamonds are found near lava because of the intense heat required to make diamonds
Wow, You're kidding? I never knew that.

Nope.avi

It's an illusion, because the lava lakes are in large caverns, you are seeing more surface area and by that, more diamonds.

Nope.
That's the spawn level for diamonds.

Wow, You're kidding? I never knew that.
no, I am not kidding
diamonds are pure carbon, but the reason humans can't efficiently synthesize them is because diamonds have to have ridiculous amounts of heat and pressure to form
I don't know if we have ways to get pure carbon out of other things, either
I know that there's plenty of carbon in the world
in fact, turning it to diamonds would be a good use for some good old CO2
then that's two leftover oxygen molecules, which can also have many practical uses

So yeah I was on brickybob's server and when I spawned I saw this.

The lava turned into cobblestone, making it now an even bigger mess. :c

What I'm working on in SSP.

What I'm working on in SSP.
oh my goodness thats some lovey water. is it a texture pack or just a water edit? the other blocks look default

oh my goodness thats some lovey water. is it a texture pack or just a water edit? the other blocks look default
It's my own customized texture pack.  The water, lava and portal textures are from the "photo realistic" 256x pixel pack.  Almost every other block save for a few are still default, however.  Most mobs are also using either Mixcraft HD skins or the 256x pixel pack, mainly the aggressive mobs.

It's my own customized texture pack.  The water, lava and portal textures are from the "photo realistic" 256x pixel pack.  Almost every other block save for a few are still default, however.  Most mobs are also using either Mixcraft HD skins or the 256x pixel pack, mainly the aggressive mobs.

Do you wanna upload it to Mediafire and PM me it c:

over here too :D

It's my own customized texture pack.  The water, lava and portal textures are from the "photo realistic" 256x pixel pack.  Almost every other block save for a few are still default, however.  Most mobs are also using either Mixcraft HD skins or the 256x pixel pack, mainly the aggressive mobs.
well its beautiful and lovey and i like it
oh shucks why not, me too please :D
/clap

Gimme a sec...

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/232701-611-update173-compatible-mcpatcher-hd-fix-210-02/

You will need that in order to see both the custom animated water and any texture replacements that are higher than the standard textures.  Any textures that are larger than the standard size are 256 pixels in size, which is more taxing on your GPU.  If you have low amounts of video RAM, or just a weak GPU, or even small amounts of RAM, you may notice a drop in performance.

This texture pack replaces;
x256 animated custom Lava, Water, Portal and Fire textures
Pumpkin + Jack-O-Lantern - into a Skull + Skull with candle in it
Cobblestone - Regular pre-1.7 cobblestone
All rails - Removed wood planks on the rails
Wood Door - Made window bigger, removed panes
Iron Door - Gave window a "jail bar" look
Glass - Black border, less "shine" on it so your windows aren't obscured by dried semen
Iron, Gold, Diamond Helmets - changed those helmets into the Crown of Thorns, keeping their respective material colors
Paintings - Uses the x256 photorealism paintings.  Why?  Because.
Clouds - Removed, because a giant transparent 3D box flying through your mountaintop castle is just stupid.  No clouds at all.
"Pumpkin Blur" - When you wear a pumpkin on your head, your HUD will become Crysis-y looking.  A really stuffty mis-mash I did with Crysis 2 textures and Valen's Samus HUD for the pumpkin blur.  Looking back on this I regret it ._. )
Zombie - Replaced by x256 photorealism skin.
Tamed wolf - Larger collar, noticeable from the side.
Squid - x256 skin.
Spider - x256.
Slime - x256.
Skeleton - x256.
Zombie Pigmen - x256.
Creeper - Mixcraft HD skin.  Looks like he came from hell.
Sun/Moon - x256 pack, look super cool.
"Mojang" splash screen - The original "blue" artwork and my thoughts about their updates.
Also compatible with CJB Mods (it includes the textures that is required by cjb mods.  If you do not have cjb mods, you will not see these.)

You can mix/match however you like by going into the .zip file and adding/removing what you please.  I'm not responsible for damages to your computer.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sljzvxqb2vdgrw5

on a final note before I sleep, I have AA and anisotropic filtering forced on for Minecraft, plus the image was resized to be uploaded.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 03:16:18 AM by Nickelob Ultra »

The water, lava and portal textures are from the "photo realistic" 256x pixel pack.

I knew those looked familiar lol

-snip-

It wont let me select the file int he patcher.. it just doesnt show up.

It wont let me select the file int he patcher.. it just doesnt show up.
If the patcher can't find minecraft.jar automatically you need to do it manually then.

If the patcher can't find minecraft.jar automatically you need to do it manually then.

No, It can't find the .rar that the texture pack is in. None of the rars are showing up when i try and find them in the original selection