Author Topic: "Be Nice" Avatars  (Read 6093 times)

I lately seen many people with an avatar that will say "Be Nice". I was wondering where this originated from and why are more and more people doing this? If you are wondering why my avatar says it too, is because I felt like it.

Way to join the bandwagon, lol.

The hippy / hypocritical wagon! :cookieMonster:

The hippy / hypocritical wagon! :cookieMonster:

Exactly, some of them are mean.. And some of them are nice.

You cant change personality with a little reminder to people.

Its elitism in the forums. a handful of guys think they know what the forum needs, and now its a gay little clique.
They are not actually doing any good, its more of a half ass way to excuse all the bullstuff they caused themselves.
The point is to build their own reputation. They are now "better" then others. and need to let you know about it.

It's like planting a tree for the environment.

Or buying rice for starving children.

Its elitism in the forums. a handful of guys think they know what the forum needs, and now its a gay little clique.
They are not actually doing any good, its more of a half ass way to excuse all the bullstuff they caused themselves.
The point is to build their own reputation. They are now "better" then others. and need to let you know about it.

I expected this from someone eventually.

We don't think we know what the forum needs, we know of one thing the forum needs. It needs to stop being a meeting ground for kids/teens/young adults (and possibly adults as well, although I would hope they would know better) to let out their anger on innocent people. When someone slips up in real life and spells something wrong, or says the wrong word, or something simple that happens on here, do you scream in their face that they're a terrible human being who should stop living? I would hope not. TCBB is not a "gay little clique". You may think we're not doing any good, but I've personally noticed a lot less hatred lately. Maybe you should look around a little harder and you'll see what I'm talking about. We know we've all caused this "bullstuff", and that's exactly why we're trying to make things better. We're not trying to build up a good rep, nor do we consider ourselves "better" than everyone else. We're simply trying to make the forums a better place, where people can talk about their ideas freely, ask for help without being caps lock'd at, and just have a nice long-distance friend (sort of) relationship with a community of people who share some of the same ideas. So before you go on a rampage about how "insignificant" you think TCBB is, just stop, take a deep breath, and just sit back and wait. Eventually, this forum is going to be a better place, but it's going to take awhile. Progress doesn't happen right away. "Rome wasn't built in a day". It's going to take some time. But when it's done, the results are going to be great.

tl;dr - You're wrong.

Did someone steal your trustfund?

So putting an avatar saying "Be nice" is going to make the community nice? It just makes me want to punch my fist through my screen.

So putting an avatar saying "Be nice" is going to make the community nice? It just makes me want to punch my fist through my screen.

No, it's not.

Because that's not all we're doing. We're actually doing our best to tell off people for being raging idiots, in case you haven't noticed.