Author Topic: v12 -> v13 Vortex  (Read 59931 times)

Why would Ephi be afraid of "crappy bricks"? Doesn't Baddy look over the bricks before adding them? I'm sure he wouldn't let broken things fly into V13.

Besides "The more bricks the more better." :)

I think Kaje's already doing some horizontal log-type bricks so you'll probably see those soon. I'm focusing more on inverted corner pieces.

Why would Ephi be afraid of "crappy bricks"?

I just mean the add-ons section would be flooded with badly ported brick add-ons and joining most public servers would mean all I see around the place are large cube bricks because people are using so many custom bricks. Even if there were downloading, I wouldn't be prepared to sit there downloading things that would just double my framerate.

Bricks can be add-ons, too.

downloading things that would just double my framerate.

I'd love to download things that double my framerate. :cookieMonster:

I just mean the add-ons section would be flooded with badly ported brick add-ons and joining most public servers would mean all I see around the place are large cube bricks because people are using so many custom bricks. Even if there were downloading, I wouldn't be prepared to sit there downloading things that would just double my framerate.
Sorry, to me it just sounds like you're jealous about losing control of the .blb distribution.

Er, half the framerate. I don't think people fully understand the nature of a BLB - they're meant to be relatively basic geometric shapes to keep framerate high and the game playable. As soon as people are converting high quality models into bricks, things start to get choppy and in that case - no, more bricks is not better.

Sorry, to me it just sounds like you're jealous about losing control of the .blb distribution.

Sounds to me like you're attempting a troll.  :cookieMonster:

People have been steadily releasing small BLB add-ons, I've seen them from Space Guy and Tom and a couple of other people. You just fail to understand the ramifications of high quality bricks (which I have attempted to highlight at the top of this post for you, but feel free to ignore!)

This thread is no longer safe.
To the shelter!

People have been steadily releasing small BLB add-ons, I've seen them from Space Guy and Tom and a couple of other people. You just fail to understand the ramifications of high quality bricks (which I have attempted to highlight at the top of this post for you, but feel free to ignore!)
I do understand that .blbs need to stay low poly, but that can be easily solved by only distributing the exporter to trusted people.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 09:03:37 PM by Tingalz »

Er, half the framerate. I don't think people fully understand the nature of a BLB - they're meant to be relatively basic geometric shapes to keep framerate high and the game playable. As soon as people are converting high quality models into bricks, things start to get choppy and in that case - no, more bricks is not better.

Simple solution : Only you and Trader make bricks, the rest of us can stick with 3 number bricks.

To the shelter!

It has not been built yet, due to lack of bricks.

Well, still theres not many modelers, And besides we get stuffty add-ons anyways what do we do when we see a broken one? Fail-bin you say?  or people with actual brains can clearly see that a brick is crappy made and just not download it.

Sounds to me like you're attempting a troll.  :cookieMonster:

What are you, god? If I want to download a good brick and put it on my server, then I think that I can without getting slapped on the hand by my 'my mother'

Well, still theres not many modelers, And besides we get stuffty add-ons anyways what do we do when we see a broken one? Fail-bin you say?  or people with actual brains can clearly see that a brick is crappy made and just not download it.

If people could do this, the Fail Bin would actually be redundant. Unfortunately it is not the case.

Simple solution : Only you and Trader make bricks, the rest of us can stick with 3 number bricks.
but that can be easily solved by only distributing the exporter to trusted people.

This is the current case, I thought you guys were arguing for a public blb exporter?

There are still logistics involved in making bricks, it is just not as simple as putting an obj through an exporter. You still need a good understanding of how BLBs work.

There are still logistics involved in making bricks, it is just not as simple as putting an obj through an exporter. You still need a good understanding of how BLBs work.

True story.