Poll

What type of gamemode should I code first?

Rts
DarkRP
P-E-R-P
Stranded
Lounge
Other - Leave a post.

Author Topic: Gamemode Vote  (Read 12874 times)

-Snip-
I was waiting for you to come to this topic. You're correct, I have failed at successfully creating two mods. Another of these mods you insisted that I was to stop due to it encroaching upon your roleplay. Well, now that I've been here a while I have seen what you're capable of, you spend all of your time on RtB which I am grateful for but you do not gain any more of my respect for shooting down so many mods in which you haven't even finished your own roleplay. How long has it been since you started the roleplay, two, three years?

Well, I know you think that I have no talent, or ability what so ever, but something you do not understand is what the mods actually was. Those three mods that I created where a tool in my further learning of torque, Torque was my first language which is why it was so hard for me to actually understand. I've been a fan of your work for a long time, but I think it's time someone puts you in your place like the seductive recluse that you are. You think that every new project that is presented by a previous failure is going to fail with no lenience in your decision what so ever. Also, I do believe that your are a hypocrite, I was excited for your roleplay for a while, yet with no results I began to wonder, are you even working on it anymore? If you are then you should have no room to talk, even if your mod is on hold you still have no right to talk, you have excited many people with only a little visible evidence that you actually have made progress. Just because you made Return to Blockland you think that you have some kind of immortality to the ignorance that you spew forth each time you post, I've looked through many of your posts and to no surprise found many posts that have "Frowned" upon many others. The only thing that I have to say to you after this long rant is this, "You stole fizzy lifting drinks, you lose! Good-day sir"!

Tl;Dr - Rant about Ephialtes and how he is a hypocrite.

Well said.

I feel stupid that that is the only thing I have to say.

Well said.

I feel stupid that that is the only thing I have to say.
:cookieMonster:

Also, he went offline. I was waiting for a witty paragraph.

I was too.

D:

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory  :cookieMonster:

I was too.

D:

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory  :cookieMonster:
Damn straight.

He's probably going to say something like this:

Yeah I can understand that reaction when I dutifully inform you that your baby is destined to either be stillborn, or just handicapped. Like I say to everyone who tries RPGs, you just might not want to devote all your time to it because it's never going to work. I mean, look back over your posts and you can see atleast 3 people jumping up to try and put all the scripts together. Then you've got one guy criticising the abilities of another team member. Its a shambles really.

my suggestion is don't listen to Ephialtes,he is not a god,not an immortal,just another person so stop ranting and get on with the requests/progress.

I seriously wonder what Ephi will respond with.

-ponders-
more shooting down dreams?

He bashed survivalRP for a while and then left us alone (he posted again a bit, "helping" with some inefficient script. He really did help, but also bashed kalph :3 ). Just don't give up when everyone thinks your mod sucks cause Ephi doesn't like it.

I voted for RTS, that'd be awesome.

my suggestion is don't listen to Ephialtes,he is not a god,not an immortal,just another person so stop ranting and get on with the requests/progress.
This may be true, but he is the best programmer on these forums besides Badspot so he should get some respect. But then again, he can be a jerk sometimes. It's a matter of opinion on him. But I think we should just stop talking about him.

Get back to the requests/Progress indeed.

Aye verily, anyway lets get back on to topic.

What do you all think about the lobby idea, along with the Donation and Advertisement?

I also think that RTS is a good idea. I would like to help with this project.

Also, if an amount of good programmers would put their effort into this, it should be easier to make it. I've seen that a rts was suggested a while ago, but it failed. If we learn from their misstakes, it would help even more.

Also, if an amount of good programmers would put their effort into this, it should be easier to make it. I've seen that a rts was suggested a while ago, but it failed. If we learn from their misstakes, it would help even more.
Oh yes, I forgot to address your post. Yes, you may help. If you have msn, Steam, or any other sort of communication send me a PM with the information. Welcome to the team, when the actual gamemode is decided I will create a new topic along with the details and members of the game.

I was waiting for you to come to this topic. You're correct, I have failed at successfully creating two mods. Another of these mods you insisted that I was to stop due to it encroaching upon your roleplay. Well, now that I've been here a while I have seen what you're capable of, you spend all of your time on RtB which I am grateful for but you do not gain any more of my respect for shooting down so many mods in which you haven't even finished your own roleplay. How long has it been since you started the roleplay, two, three years?

Well, I know you think that I have no talent, or ability what so ever, but something you do not understand is what the mods actually was. Those three mods that I created where a tool in my further learning of torque, Torque was my first language which is why it was so hard for me to actually understand. I've been a fan of your work for a long time, but I think it's time someone puts you in your place like the seductive recluse that you are. You think that every new project that is presented by a previous failure is going to fail with no lenience in your decision what so ever. Also, I do believe that your are a hypocrite, I was excited for your roleplay for a while, yet with no results I began to wonder, are you even working on it anymore? If you are then you should have no room to talk, even if your mod is on hold you still have no right to talk, you have excited many people with only a little visible evidence that you actually have made progress. Just because you made Return to Blockland you think that you have some kind of immortality to the ignorance that you spew forth each time you post, I've looked through many of your posts and to no surprise found many posts that have "Frowned" upon many others. The only thing that I have to say to you after this long rant is this, "You stole fizzy lifting drinks, you lose! Good-day sir"!

Tl;Dr - Rant about Ephialtes and how he is a hypocrite.

Well! Somebody's been busy. Let me just start by saying that writing lots doesn't actually make more of an impact without valid points and in your case it has actually left you looking like you're rambling a bit - fishing around in a barrel of insults to throw at me. e.g: I'm "seductive"? Interesting.

I think it is also redundant for people to constantly bring my making RTB into any arguments/points I try to make. I have not used it at all as some sort of tool to "empower" my criticisms, so I don't see why you need to bring it up. All my points I've made stand up by themselves regardless of who makes them.

As for ERPG, It is still being worked on (and is far more progressed than anything you've done) but I prefer to focus on one project at a time to ensure it gets my full attention and therefore gets finished to a high standard (something you have yet to learn about). We have plenty of results and many very cool features Blockland has never seen before - but naturally if we showcased these then failing modders like yourself would try to use them in some sort of attempt to make themselves more successful.

I can usually tell just by reading the first post of a project whether it will fail or succeed based on who's running it and who's helping. I invite you to show me an example of where I have condemned a mod to failure and it has subsequently succeeded. I also base my assumptions of you on the posts you've been making in the Coding Help section. See this example here and explain to me how, if you do not even understand the critical differences between the client and server, you might be able to create a fully-functional RTS in Blockland. I always re-evaluate people's abilities and it's just in your case that you always come out seeming "inadequate" for what you're proposing. There are plenty of people who have attempted mods and failed who are now attempting new ones, and I think they actually have a shot to make it work this time because they've simplified things and focused on what they can do, and not exclusively on what would "be cool".

If you have the attentionspan for that rebuttal, I look forward to an informed reply. It is also ironically noteworthy that if you put as much effort into your mods as you do trying to publicly disgrace me, you might actually produce something that wasn't stuff for once.

Just don't give up when everyone thinks your mod sucks cause Ephi doesn't like it.

It's not a case of me not liking it, A survivalRP sounds like a cool idea - so do some of the things proposed on this thread. It's a case of the people proposing the ideas not being able to follow through on them and subsequently just creating a load of hollow hype.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 04:06:14 PM by Ephialtes »