Author Topic: TF2 Classless Update: Post-Release Discussion  (Read 37776 times)

This is new :o

And are you serious, you don't know how to spell Ethan. Also, don't use quotation marks like parentheses.

Yeah. I've been friends With them for a while.
And yeah i didn't know how to spell it because he has a different name on steam.

Ok the program now works Hooray.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 08:17:14 AM by Captain Jack »

Was expecting a demo or soldier update, the Ro-Bot looks like a new engy build.  Also, did it mention Barbary for hats? I'd hate if that happens.

Step 1: Play game
Step 2: Wait
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Hatz

So you have to just sit around and play?

Now how 2 get Those Weapons on the other page and JARATE? D:

Now how 2 get Those Weapons on the other page and JARATE? D:
A couple of days after the Spy and Sniper update, Valve fixed it so you can get them by getting the Milestone achievements

And yes, sit around and play, i've played twice this week and haven't gotten a think except the Pyro's Barbecue achievement (Make a dominated player leave the server)

A couple of days after the Spy and Sniper update, Valve fixed it so you can get them by getting the Milestone achievements

And yes, sit around and play, i've played twice this week and haven't gotten a think except the Pyro's Barbecue achievement (Make a dominated player leave the server)

Lol. Silly Valve making up funny achievements :D

Let me explain the whole system. While playing, you may have noticed when you press the M page, you get a screen showing your class. You can edit your loadout here. Showing every weapon you have for the class you are playing. Pressing the back button shows all nine classes and clicking on a picture of one will move you to the same screen for that class. You will notice below the class selection on your loadout changer is the backpack. This contains every item you have gained during play. You can click on them and delete if you want to. But be sure you have what you want to delete. You can drag and rearrange each weapon to how you like.

There are currently two methods  to gain items. One is through achievements, the slightly harder but faster and ensured way. Only weapons can be gained through these achievements and only the class you have gained the milestones on will give them to you. Currently these classes are the Spy, Sniper, Scout, Medic, Heavy, and Pyro. To complete an achievement, you must find one you wish to do, and fufill each objective it says. Some of them are hard and can usually only be obtained though luck, time or farming. Others are easier and can be done via normal play. An example of the latter is the spy and sniper achievements.

The other method of gaining an item is though a random drop system brought by the Steam cloud server. You must be logged into friends to get items this way. During the spy & sniper update, they decided to have a new method of gaining items. It is easier but can take ages to get all the ones you want. All you have to do is go to a server and play as you normally do. Every 25 minutes a random "die" is rolled. This determines if you have gained an item. You have a 1 in 4 chance of getting one an hour. After you have gotten an item, it rolls again to see if it is a rare or non rare item. Non rare items are anything that can be gained via achievements. So they are weapons. Rare items are those which can only be gained via the random drops. After this roll, a last roll is done to determine which item you have gained. To be specific about rare items. You have a .45% chance of getting a hat. To get any 1 hat, you have a .05% chance of getting it.Really, there is no action in doing this. You just get a message in the chat and during your first death after the message, a screen will pop up showing what you got and asking you if you want to ignore any action, equipting it, or deleteing it.

They is this cool RTD server where you can type !equip and equip any hats, and the Soldier's medal. But only for that server.

How 2 Get Hats?
1.Be a cigarette and install fake client
2.Wait over night
3.Be a richard and brag about your new stuff
4.Don't contribute to your team and brag about your hat

or you can play the game and wait.

I got a Fedora before using the idler.

I got a Fedora before using the idler.

Ima get all hats in 1 day

EDIT:

Theoretically, according to Omega, every 25 minutes, a dice is rolled and a player gets an item in the server. If they're were only two people in the server, would that raise the chance of getting an item?

Theoretically, according to Omega, every 25 minutes, a dice is rolled and a player gets an item in the server. If they're were only two people in the server, would that raise the chance of getting an item?
Wrong. I seen people get more then a item every 25 mins

Wrong. I seen people get more then a item every 25 mins

That wasn't the point of it, but anyway,

DARN U OMEGA AND YOUR UNRELIABLE-NESS

More and more people are using the idler.  I haven't and I DO NOT intend to do so.