Author Topic: F2P MMO reports. (Are they good? Are they bad?)  (Read 5873 times)

I'm also waiting for karos beta.
http://www.karosgame.com/

That looks good.
And while i wait. I think im going to try runes of magic.

if you need some help and are on the same server as me i can bring my 21/09

What server are you on?
Im about 70% through downloading the game.

Antallion. You can always contribute to the thread by giving us some of your opinions of certain MMOs.
However it seems that you disregard them.

However it seems that you disregard them.
I don't disregard them.
I read every single post in this topic.

No. In other MMOs. You can do side quests, learn new spells.
It's hard to explain.

Dragonica isn't a MMO to me. Its a Side scrolling game in which you can level up.

I don't know what you're talking about, Dragonica has side quests. Also "learn new spells", wtf are you talking about, look at the skill tree.

I don't know what you're talking about, Dragonica has side quests. Also "learn new spells", wtf are you talking about, look at the skill tree.

dragonica uses the KAI Jobs engine.
All of the games that use that engine are the same.

Dragonica seems to linear to me.

This is my report of the MMOs I've played, in order of how fun, I'll add letter grades and stuff later:

Perfect world
Quite a fun game until around level 40, which is the time I quit. The great thing is that until the point I mentioned there are always quests to do. Even if you don't have a normal quest, you can get a free kill-x-monsters quest from a guard, which isn't as fun. Quite amazing graphics for F2P, huge character builder although it's quite restricting in terms of classes, of which there are only two per race, and venomancer (summoner) and Barbarian are gender-restricted. On the note of classes, skills cost SP which can be gained from quests or monster kills, but quests give more making them a necessity. It is annoying though, if you need some skills but don't have enough SP.

Summary:
Graphics: Great
PVM Gameplay: Great, you can choose how you level up (quests or grind, although quests are often better).
Cash Shop: Low-Medium, while it offers players that use it money-making opportunities it is by no means needed.
Pvp: Average-High, any class can do well and each has strategies.
Character Customization: Incredible.
Class system: Poor, I think this is the main thing that could be improved in PWI.

Mabinogi:
I have to say that the only thing on this list that beats mabi is perfect world, which I found quite fun. Its new, strategic combat system goes well with the fact that you aren't restricted to a class. Character customization is a problem, unless you want to pay for a premium card from the cash shop. The graphics are great, mostly better than perfect world, featuring unique and realistic environments. I was disappointed with the players though, as the player models/graphics are not as good as everything else. There isn't much emphasis on PvP in this game, although the PvM system is amazing. You can choose whether to grind, do dungeons, or quests, and all are good and rewarding. The leveling system can, however, be quite confusing to newcomers, and if you spend your Skill Points wrong, your char is forgeted.

Summary:
Graphics: Great, although the players cartoony style doesn't fit the rest of the game.
PVM Gameplay: Great, choice between dungeons, quest and grind, and the combat system is new, fun and strategic.
Cash Shop: Large emphasis, this is another game ruiner for me.
Pvp: No emphasis or nonexistant.
Character Customization: Poor, unless you get Cash Shop stuff.
Class system: Good, would be great if skills weren't so delicate (new players will often go bankrupt in money and skill points because of their inexperience).

Maple Story:
An interesting MMO, very able to be played in your spare time with a variety of leveling options. You can easily level through quests or grind, which makes this game fun. It has a few issues which caused me to quit, the main one being that everything is so far away. When I said just above that there were a variety of leveling options, I was serious, however everything is far apart so that it might take me fifteen minutes or a half an hour to get to the place with good mobs to grind, or get to the place where my quest completes only to recieve 5% exp from it.  Gear gets really expensive around level 30 too, not to mention that you can't find who sells it.

Summary:
Graphics: Average, I know it's 2D, but it's better than stuffty 3D.
PVM Gameplay: Average, variety of options are made less fun by how far apart they are.
Cash Shop: Medium emphasis, it isn't needed, but the game would become quite a bit more fun with it.
Pvp: None
Character Customization: Poor, it costs real money to customize your character beyond a few base things.
Class system: Average, not enough choice of skills.

Dragonica
A refreshing break from the typical MMO system of combat, definitely fun for a while. It has pretty nice graphics, in a "cute" style which compliment the game well. It has a nice class system, not great, but I didn't see anything wrong with it. A feature in this game that I find annoying is its dungeon like system. There is no benifit to grinding whatsoever and players are forced to use mission maps as their main way of leveling up. While this may seem nice at first, it makes the game very repetitive. The durability system also annoyed me, it doesn't fit in an action MMO. The fact that its servers are located in asia also makes it laggy for most of us, although the NA version just went into open beta.

Summary:
Graphics: Average, not amazing but they fit the game well.
PVM Gameplay: Great, it is very nice to have a break from typical MMO combat systems.
Cash Shop: None that I ever heard of, which is great.
Pvp: Nonexistant, I believe.
Character Customization: Average
Class system: Average.

Flyff:
Have to admit, it isn't that great of a game, graphics aren't impressive, the few quests are kill-XXX-monster quests and most of the dialogue is obviously translated. I usually quit after level 50-ish, because of the enormous grind which persists throughout the whole game. There is very little opportunity for PVP until high levels and there is huge emphasis on cash shop. Controls aren't remap-able which sucks too.

Summary:
Graphics: Poor, they're bearable but definitely not great, although I guess that could be good for bad computers.
PVM Gameplay: Poor, it's mostly all grind.
Cash Shop: Large emphasis.
Pvp: Poor, little strategy, certain classes dominate.
Character Customization: Poor
Class system: Average, classes are rather restricted.

Edit: Man this needs a new topic.

FlyFF Isn't THAT bad... Is it?

I still like it. Grinding is living hell though.

flyff would be good if they fixed up their leveling. flying is fun ish, but leveling is meh

all f2p mmo's suck ass, thats why they are f2p

Currently trying Ragnarok.

Haven't gotten far enough in it to form an opinion off of it.

starsonata was fun but to do anything cool you had to pay

Runes of magic is really nice so far.