Author Topic: stupid 360 almost died already D:  (Read 2355 times)

Mine has never had any problems, ever. :o Is that abnormal?

Mine has never had any problems, ever. :o Is that abnormal?
Nope. Mine works just fine as well. Granted, I'll get the occasional boot error, but last time I had one of those was damn near half a year ago. I don't know what you kids are doing with your 360s to make them act up as much as they are (bad placement, dropped it once or twice, ect.) And are totally blaming Microsoft for it, but I just don't see what would cause them to do something like that. I guess it's just easy to blame them because you'd never admit you did anything wrong.

As far as the PS3, their new slim verson has no backwards compatibility, so no PS2 games for you! :(

hasnt died again since using my old power brick and i finally 200/200 gamescored doom :D

i registered the serial number for my 360 on xbox.com and it says its still in warrenty so its free

also gamertag

I'll add you to friends :D

Edit: Accept "Sord213"

now that's just one of those rumors you get off the internet
It actually isnt, I scratched my Forza 2 in less than an hour :(

Nope. Mine works just fine as well. Granted, I'll get the occasional boot error, but last time I had one of those was damn near half a year ago. I don't know what you kids are doing with your 360s to make them act up as much as they are (bad placement, dropped it once or twice, ect.) And are totally blaming Microsoft for it, but I just don't see what would cause them to do something like that. I guess it's just easy to blame them because you'd never admit you did anything wrong.

As far as the PS3, their new slim verson has no backwards compatibility, so no PS2 games for you! :(
I dont even care about PS2 games, and I actually have 3 PS2's, nor do I want the slim.

I had a friend who said his 360 scratched his halo 3 disk.

It turned out he had his Wii on top of his Xbox, and that was what was scratching the disks, so if you have something on top of your Xbox, you might want to remove that object.

just a thought.

I had a friend who said his 360 scratched his halo 3 disk.

It turned out he had his Wii on top of his Xbox, and that was what was scratching the disks, so if you have something on top of your Xbox, you might want to remove that object.

just a thought.
Which was my point, people aren't aware they they may be the ones who are screwing up their own stuff. It's just too easy to blame Microsoft.

Which was my point, people aren't aware they they may be the ones who are screwing up their own stuff. It's just too easy to blame Microsoft.

I see your point and I'm sure there are handicaps pouring vinegar into their xboxes and shouting "MICROSOFT DID IT" but the fact is that the Xbox 360 just doesn't have adequate cooling. If it's a particularly hot day and you want to play a game or two, this might just be too much for the little sucker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLabckoPC0g

I see your point and I'm sure there are handicaps pouring vinegar into their xboxes and shouting "MICROSOFT DID IT" but the fact is that the Xbox 360 just doesn't have adequate cooling. If it's a particularly hot day and you want to play a game or two, this might just be too much for the little sucker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLabckoPC0g
Looks like a propaganda video. They have no end to these on youtube. One, it's too heavily edited, no proof shots of it cooking while activated. Two, he had a heat gun nearby and could have easily used it between edit shots. Three, if it was really that hot to fry an egg on, why was he touching the thing with his bare hands? That would burn the hell out of my hands, but he repeatedly touches the equipment in it's superheated state. Not to mention the possibility of electrocution.

fake video is fake.

Microsoft intentionally makes defects to make you buy another one after your warranty.

Also, the 360 has the potential to disable your game disc (Scratch).

I'd go for PS3.

^ This

Once I had Fable II there were no scratches whatsoever on it, so after a few days play I noticed that the disc had become unplayable.  I took the disc out and looked at it the amount of scratches were unbearable thankfully though, wiping it with a soft cloth helped.  I also agree that Microsoft put in the red ring of death intentionally.  Mines broke down just around 3-4 months some guy tried to fix it but there was problem after problem thats what made me think Microsoft con you.  I got a different 360 with 10 game, bout 6 months old and unlike my old one it didn't let off a revving noise.  :cookieMonster:

P.s, The new batman game?  Had it for 2 days strange stuff started happenin' in house think it's cursed just like that Dark Night movie.  Also had a weird glitchy problem, got up to this point in the game and the screen went weird thought it was another RROD, it wasnt and it prevented me from going further, just a word to the wise.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 01:19:48 PM by Shades »

wiping it with a soft cloth helped.

I also agree that Microsoft put in the red ring of death intentionally. 
That's highly unlikely.

They didn't put it intentionally, they just didn't bother to try and fix it.