Author Topic: Demon's Souls  (Read 829 times)

It looks like it'll be good, and people have already given it good reviews.  I plan on getting it when it's released.  Is anyone else?

link please, i need info :c

Demon's Souls Wikipedia

Quote from: Description
Demon's Souls (デモンズソウル, Demonzu Souru?) is a console role-playing game from From Software exclusively for the PlayStation 3. With a dark fantasy theme, the player will set off into the heart of Boletaria, a kingdom of warriors that was destroyed after the appearance of beasts and demons. The game was described as a spiritual successor to the King's Field games.

Quote from: Story
The game surrounds the search for power and prosperity of King Allant XII who channeled the power of souls. He brought unprecedented prosperity to his northern kingdom of Boletaria. That is, until a thick black fog covered the lands outskirts, cutting out the kingdom from the outside world. Those who entered the fog never returned. Vallarfax of the royal Twin Fangs broke free from the fog and told the world of Boletaria's plight. The aging King Allanti had awakened the Old One, the great beast below the Nexus, from its eternal slumber And that a dark fog had swept in, unleashing soul-craving demons. The ones that lost their souls, also lost their minds. Chaos reigned, the mad attacking the sane. The Demons grow stronger and more powerful with each soul they devour. The legend was told from man to man, mighty warriors entered the cursed lands but none have returned.

Quote from: Gameplay
Demon's Souls is an open-ended dark fantasy action RPG. Players are able to customize their own characters, setting the name, gender, hair style and other characteristics. Players face off against enormous beasts, making use of a variety of different weapons. The gameplay alters depending on what type of weapon the player wields. When utilizing the bow and arrow, the camera enters a close over-the-shoulder view. There are also various forms of magic that can be used in a defensive or offensive manner.

Quote from: Online Features
   * Co-operative play allows three players to team up and play through different levels in the game.
    * In Messaging/Educational mode, players can leave hints and advice in the game to help out other players.
    * In competitive play, a player can force themselves into another player's adventure and play as their opponent

Quote from: Locations
Demon's Souls is set in the Kingdom of Boletaria. The hub world that takes place between missions is the Nexus, a small, town-like area where the player can interact with NPCs, shop, and store equipment. The actual game world is divided into five stages, accessible via portals. The first is Boletaria Palace, the ruins of the castle where Boletaria's ruler once lived. Second is the Stonefang Tunnel, a dwarven mine that was corrupted and overrun by goblin-like creatures. Third is the Tower of Latria, a dark, abandoned prison tower whose halls are now stalked by Cthulhu-inspired guards. Next is the Shrine of Storms, a cliffside ruin infested by the undead and besieged by flying creatures known as Storm Beasts. Last is the Valley of Defilement, a deep gorge in the Earth full of poisonous leeches, trolls, and sheer drops.

Quote from: Character Classes
The player can choose between ten different classes of characters, each with different starting attributes:

* Knight: Southern knights of Boletaria, strong and heavily armored.
    * Priest: Warriors of the priesthood, they have faith in God and use miracles.
    * Thief: Work under the cover of darkness, specialize in sneaking up behind enemies.
    * Magician: Masters of magic, they have poor physical offensive and defensive skills.
    * Temple Knight: Strong warriors that use defensive miracles to their advantage.
    * Soldier: Skilled in combat, able to handle many types of weapons.
    * Wanderer: Low armor, but fast and agile. Skilled with swords.
    * Barbarian: Uncivilized people without armor, physically strong.
    * Royal: Aristocratic users of offensive magic, starts with valuable magic rings.
    * Hunter: Specialize in outdoor activities, skilled with bows, light on armor.

Boletaria Palace screenshot copyright owner Sony Computer Entertainment, for critical commentary on the video game in question
for more information, please refer to the wikipedia page linked above.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 01:12:15 PM by Tornat »

ps3 exclusive D:

even if it were on xbox, my brothers stole it and took it to college... the one time i actually wanted to play it

Looks alright if my brother didn't take the PS3 to college with him I'd probably get it.