Author Topic: I remmember the Old Days...  (Read 9946 times)

V8 was like, 6 months ago.

V8 was like, 6 months ago.
But I joined a year ago and it was the begining of v9?

I was here for only 1 week of v9 :/

Exactly the same as now minus the amount of players, events, physics, content released.
It also was much glitchyer and the addon system was really... well whatever the opposite of "idiot proof" is.

I had over 7 varieties of the Barreta Sniper Rifle at one time.
Haha, yeah...

There was a billion add-ons in v7-v8 and half of them were half baked and buggy.

Besides that once you downloaded an Add-on, then you put the shapes, textures, scripts etc. in their own folders... You could almost never find them again. I remember when i was trying to figure out that add-on system on my own, after replacing the shapes folder twice or so. Yeah.

Also adding onto badspot's post, we actually did have Space Guy's Events. Even though they didn't work as well, they worked well enough to make homing turrets and stuff. Probably besides that, the one mod I always loved was old TDM. That plus the old GSF - San Andreas.

Anyways, so what I would do is make 3 teams on my 32 player server: Black Gang, Blue Gang, and the Red Gang. What would happen is you would run about the city looking for weapons and vehicles to kill the other gangs. So it was a huge drawn out TDM. And just for 'the fun' I allowed people to build gang flags and gang signatures on buildings and what not. Yeah, that was fun. That was way back too, back when my name was still Snip3r. Ah well, enough of the memories.

i got BL in v8, i got a ID in the 5000s
ID 5182 :)
personally, v8 was the longest version ever to be alive on BL, well, it was for me, i think it wasnt updated to a 7 6 mouths, a year maybe idk

I remember v0002.  The mod wars, TBM was full of douchebags, RTB was revolutionary, AiO had everything, and the others pretty much died.  BL Islands <3

I remember v0002.  The mod wars, TBM was full of douchebags, RTB was revolutionary, AiO had everything, and the others pretty much died.  BL Islands <3

I started from RTB :D.

I used to pink people.

i got here when v7 started :D

All this is coming from a man who cant spell remember.

My favorite part was how it ran at half the framerate we do now, had tons of bugs, no events, no physics, and a completely forgeted add-on system that had you downloading hundreds of things every time you joined a server.

You dumb forgets.  
Gotta love digging up quotes.
Whoa, both of them posted! Rot is up next I guess...

I remember when remember was spelled right.

Gotta love digging up quotes.
Badspot says funny stuff, i record the funny stuff  :cookieMonster:

edit:
And your quotes are:

That is also all I have gotten' out of you.
:D!  I didn't know people recorded my epic posts <3
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 04:10:02 PM by jirue »

I was here for about 4-5 months before v9.

I played V0002 when the ID's where under 1k,

August, 2 years ago, i got my key.

lol'z at addon extracting days...