Author Topic: Frank Lloyd Wright style house -Build is done- Refer to page 9 for more info.  (Read 13152 times)

Heh. Just kidding. I've all but sworn off building like this. Below is the actual build.
I couldn't stop laughing, at first I thought "Ogawd, what is this stuff?" then I scrolled down. :3

Ontopic(I guess that was ontopic but still):

It's looking quite nice, cool brick pattern, I love that the windows are no longer that shade of blue, I'd love to see it finished.
Still using many greys though, I guess I'm not much of a fan of greyscale builds.

Wait, quick edit: Can a block guy walk up through it comfortably?

yes

Personally, I like freestyle building. Either way, welcome back Sirrus.

Re-done and completed.

The obtuse pink wall is a reminder for me to do something with that space so that it doesn't become an obtuse white wall.

:O

Neat! I like the wall's brick pattern.

I've made a lot of visible progress, but the unfortunate thing here is that I've basically done a lot of structural stuff and not really worked on the substance of the house, so now I've got the very arduous task of filling in the brick pattern around a lot of that stuff that I've built, which is a pain in the butt to build and color, but not mentally engaging in the slightest.

Also, I seem to have hit the runners' wall equivalent of creativity on the back side.

looking good, but I'm worrying about interior. There's too much windows for any furniture to be placed up against a wall. Furniture covering a window looks so horrible.

looking good, but I'm worrying about interior. There's too much windows for any furniture to be placed up against a wall. Furniture covering a window looks so horrible.
It really does. The only thing I can think of to combat it is raise some of the windows up and just use bricks instead of the special window block, but I think windows made out of bricks generally look bad. Oh well, we'll see.

This doesn't change my feelings about interiors, not in the slightest. I hate them and probably always will.

I suggest cutting down on some windows, because when a houe gets too much windows, it also looks bad.

I suggest cutting down on some windows, because when a houe gets too much windows, it also looks bad.
You're right.

This also means I need to do more of that brick pattern :\

Eh, whatever. I'll chin up and suffer through it. Work on the secret lab hidden in the basement terrain around the build when I get bored.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 09:52:53 PM by Sirrus »

Updates.

I'm drawing close to finishing the exterior. It'll probably be done on Saturday, I'm going to be gone tomorrow and pretty busy Friday, but I don't have a lot of work to do.

Anyway, I removed a lot of windows and touched a bit of the exterior up, including a basic terrain around the build.

This kicks so much ass.