Author Topic: Frank Lloyd Wright style house -Build is done- Refer to page 9 for more info.  (Read 13163 times)

Progress!

This might be the first screenshot of a section of 100% complete basement exterior. (I guess it's exterior, if you consider interior furniture and stuff). I like how it turned out.

The rest of the basement leaves, lets say, something to be desired.

There's a lot of space, though, I'm probably going to divvy it up into rooms.

On an offtopic note, check out this badass destruct picture.

well, the basement is for all intents and purposes done. I need to add a few more events in the rooms controlling the dimmers and the lights, but other than that it is done except for the interior walls.

I think the bedrooms experiment turned out well overall. I like the way the look from inside the bedrooms, but I think the outside appearance detracts from the imposing structure that still kind of conformed to the landscape I built around it. Oh well, not much I'm going to do about it at this point.

The next step I think is to go through and do walls. Especially in the basement, but upstairs could be split up once or twice. Then it's onto interiors.

I'm really dreading interiors. I've always been bad enough at doing furniture but to design furniture to this style is kind of nerve-wracking for me, even thinking about it. If this were a build for fun, I'd leave it as it is now but I really want to apply to a clan (haven't decided which) with this, so I guess I'm going to have to 'finish' it completely.

Oh, also, I forget the exact number but the brickcount is: A stuff-ton. (somewhere around 16,000)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 08:40:37 PM by Sirrus »

I think you have enough holes in the dirt.

Man, those walls are crazy.

Man, those walls are crazy.

If I were building this they would drive me crazy.

Anyway, love it, except what are the things randomly scattered in the yard?

I think they're more of them skylights

Just curious, but what colorset are you working with?

It is a TAD spammy o.O  but it looks nice, I would rage tho if this had been on a server with others trying to build next to it :P

Just curious, but what colorset are you working with?
The construction colorset I made recently, it's in the add-ons section.

It is a TAD spammy o.O  but it looks nice, I would rage tho if this had been on a server with others trying to build next to it :P
Yeah. The walls probably attribute to 60-70% of the brick count, 15-20% then being the terrain.

But if you consider spam using an excessive and unnecessary amount of bricks, then it's really not spammy because you technically need that many 2x1s for the effect.

what are the things randomly scattered in the yard?
They are skylights into the bedrooms in the basement.

I like the modern architecture.

Here's the interior I have to offer so far. I think it's ass, but that might just be because I've got an artist's complex. Or it might just be because it sucks. I've never liked furniture and that kind of stuff.

I don't think the DOF screenshot was needed.
Anyhow, it's looking awesome.

I don't think the DOF screenshot was needed.
Anyhow, it's looking awesome.
Yeah DOF wigged out. Fixed.