Author Topic: v13 released  (Read 28714 times)

Hm, it seems to be working now. I'll transfer things bit by bit (shape files, config files, etc) to see where it goes wrong and let you know.

5 pages already? Must be some serious problems. =/

5 pages already? Must be some serious problems. =/

Only with add-on compatibility ... so far.

Hm, it seems to be working now. I'll transfer things bit by bit (shape files, config files, etc) to see where it goes wrong and let you know.

Well, add-ons folder transferred, and I'm crashing.

Single-player, key entered, Bedroom console log attached after crash.

Well, add-ons folder transferred, and I'm crashing.

Single-player, key entered, Bedroom console log attached after crash.

Just guessing, but I'd start by removing these add-ons:

Script_ClientSpy, Script_ClientOrb, Script_ClientAim

Remove them one at a time.  My guess is that at least one of those add-ons uses a function that Badspot has now locked down or removed.

Already tried that; it was my first guess. No luck.

Already tried that; it was my first guess. No luck.

What about auto wrench?  I think someone else mentioned they had problems with it.  I use the Tab-Shifting Brick Selector and RTB, and neither of those have caused problems for me in v13.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 01:59:03 PM by Trader »

What about auto wrench?  I think someone else mentioned they had problems with it.

I've removed all the non-default .zips at once, and it still crashed. I really, really don't want to delete all the non-.zip folders though (1050 of them), but would the new default add-ons be conflicting with anything? Like older versions of them that're givng me invalid packets or something?

EDIT:
Actually, that might not be true. I disabled all add-ons and still crashed. Should I post a list of all the folders...?

I've removed all the non-default .zips at once, and it still crashed. I really, really don't want to delete all the non-.zip folders though (1050 of them), but would the new default add-ons be conflicting with anything? Like older versions of them that're givng me invalid packets or something?

EDIT:
Actually, that might not be true. I disabled all add-ons and still crashed. Should I post a list of all the folders...?

Client add-ons can't be disabled.  There's nothing I see in the console log that is a glaring indicator of what might cause this.  It might be time to start adding things in one by one.

Client add-ons can't be disabled.

I'm talking about server ones; I disabled everything so there wouldn't be a chance of me getting a crash due to an invalid packet, unless it was the Bedroom map (which I doubt).

I'm talking about server ones; I disabled everything so there wouldn't be a chance of me getting a crash due to an invalid packet, unless it was the Bedroom map (which I doubt).

start adding things in one by one.

Bah, you ninja edited. I'll do it in chunks of 50 or so, then if a chunk crashes me, I'll test each of those individually. (Unless you want to test 1050 different folders...)

Bah, you ninja edited. I'll do it in chunks of 50 or so, then if a chunk crashes me, I'll test each of those individually. (Unless you want to test 1050 different folders...)

It doesn't matter to me how you do it; my game is working fine. :cookieMonster:

Remove them one at a time.  My guess is that at least one of those add-ons uses a function that Badspot has now locked down or removed.
Wait, what?

It doesn't matter to me how you do it; my game is working fine. :cookieMonster:

Oh hush :(

I just took out every folder from my Add-Ons/, aside from the default .zips. It's crashing. Reinstalling, again...

Wait, what?

Just ignore them.