Author Topic: [FIXED] Blockland v13 now runs on Snow Leopard (Mac OSX 10.6)  (Read 14210 times)

PROBLEM:
  • Blockland did not run on Snow Leopard when v13 was initially released.

SOLUTION:

Old problem:
When I try to start BL on a mac, BL refuses to start, it crashes even before creating a console.log file.

To reproduce this bug, simply download Blockland, put it anywhere, and try to start it.

I am running OSX 10.6.1 on a macbook 1,1

If you want a long list of specs, just ask.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 11:28:47 AM by BobAndRob »

:o

So you re-downloaded and it does not work?

Badspot

• Administrator
Works for me.

Post your specs.

Badspot

• Administrator
You're getting banned.
you have mac?

:o

No, I type in the macintosh executable by hand. 

It takes him a very long time.

Actually, i lolled a bit..

It's good to see that BadSpot tries to help people fix stuff that are broken since release of V13...
Because he doesn't have to, though it's nice. ^^

Hello I did get the same results as bob did and I tried opening it alot and here is my log that bobandrob obviously could not post here.
Yes I am running v10.6.1 on my intel based Imac computer from 2008 thats can run v10-12 but not v13.

Hello I did get the same results as bob did and I tried opening it alot and here is my log that bobandrob obviously could not post here.
Yes I am running v10.6.1 on my intel based Imac computer from 2008 thats can run v10-12 but not v13.

I'll try to reproduce this as soon as I get home, I am also running on a intel based mac laptop and will see if I can get it to run

Badspot

• Administrator
Oh boy, it probably doesn't work because I compiled it on os 10.5.8 and I guess apple forgot that people might want their programs to work from one minute to the next.  And you guys bitch about my updates. 

Im not bitching Im just trying to help in the fixing of v13 I don't mind the updates though.

Oh boy, it probably doesn't work because I compiled it on os 10.5.8 and I guess apple forgot that people might want their programs to work from one minute to the next.  And you guys bitch about my updates.  
Haha, no. If I had tried snow leopard before buying it, I wouldn't be using it.

It may have something to do with macppc vs. intel processors.
(Snow leopard no longer supports ppc processors, although they do have an abstraction layer to be backwards compatible with software that was designed for ppc processors.)
Ive seen this problem with software before. (Yes I do have the backwards compatibility patch installed, I think apple called it rosetta, but I'm not sure.)

I know it shouldn't matter because it is supposedly a universal binary, but I'm just curious, what architecture do you compile BL on.

Works for me.

Post your specs.

Here are some (potentially quasi-relevant) specs:
If you need anything in particular, please ask.

Hardware Overview:
  Model Name:   MacBook
  Model Identifier:   MacBook1,1
  Processor Name:   Intel Core Duo
  Processor Speed:   2 GHz
  Number Of Processors:   1
  Total Number Of Cores:   2
  L2 Cache:   2 MB
  Memory:   1 GB
  Bus Speed:   667 MHz

Intel GMA 950 (Graphics card):
  Chipset Model:   GMA 950