Author Topic: Not all atheists are friends D:  (Read 5626 times)

Shhhh, don't burst on of the many bubbles I carry around with me at all times, I am also incredibly tired and feel like my eyes are about to fall out...

Damn DT assignment :<.

atheist bandwagon
Holy stuff you're a raging richardhead. PEOPLE WITH SAME BELIEFS ARE NOT BANDWAGONERS.

But being an agnostic wins!  :cookieMonster:

But being an agnostic wins!  :cookieMonster:

Actually, people who are full on agnostic about the existence of God are the least respectable. They make an assumption that both sides have an equal probability of being right.

Actually, people who are full on agnostic about the existence of God are the least respectable. They make an assumption that both sides have an equal probability of being right.
Not true.

Quote from: Wikipedia
Agnosticism is the philosophical view that the truth value of certain claims — particularly metaphysical claims regarding theology, afterlife or the existence of deities, spiritual beings, or even ultimate reality — are unknown or, in some forms of agnosticism, unknowable.[1] It is not a religious declaration in itself, and an agnostic may also be a theist or an atheist.

For me these subjects are beyond the scope of human comprehension.

The least respectable people, in my opinion, are the ones that have to go around preaching their opinions to others in an effort to either convert them or make them seem less than they are. We don't need extremists of any sort, and I'm pretty sure you have thoroughly proven to us, Rex, how much of an extremist you are.

The least respectable people, in my opinion, are the ones that have to go around preaching their opinions to others in an effort to either convert them or make them seem less than they are. We don't need extremists of any sort, and I'm pretty sure you have thoroughly proven to us, Rex, how much of an extremist you are.

I see active harm being done and I speak against it.

Also, saying that something is beyond the realm of comprehension means that we don't know anything about it and therefore the probability of either answer returns to 50/50 by default.

"no no no, lol. You believe this.."

I see active harm being done and I speak against it.
Active harm being done? I see, so now you feel the need to openly attack anyone causing this "harm"? Perhaps you can just ignore it and let the people being "harmed" decide for themselves what they wish to believe?

Regardless, you are still an extremist. You tell others what you know is right, and that everyone else is wrong. It also doesn't matter how much supporting fact you have, in the end this is based on what people are willing and not willing to accept.

Active harm being done? I see, so now you feel the need to openly attack anyone causing this "harm"? Perhaps you can just ignore it and let the people being "harmed" decide for themselves what they wish to believe?

Regardless, you are still an extremist. You tell others what you know is right, and that everyone else is wrong. It also doesn't matter how much supporting fact you have, in the end this is based on what people are willing and not willing to accept.
First of all, I don't want the forced abolition of religion. That goes against everything I stand for as a US citizen. What I want most is a secular society, where people don't have to be subject to laws influenced by religious policy. There is also the reverse extremist of myself, the fundamentalists. They make up a huge population of the country, and their anti scientific principles are a very damaging domestic threat.

Atheists flame Christians way more than the other way around. Stop asking for pity.
Ignorant.
Just because some Atheists flame Christians, doesn't mean they all do.
As to the whole loving topic. Do I need to make the text bigger this time?

Arguing about religion is absolutly loving useless. Not only do us humans know nothing about the complexity of life, but no matter how much you actually do know, you are NOT going to convince ANYONE.

Atheists are friends when they act like friends.
Exactly, anybody can be a friend regardless of their religion. :D