1-5 hours a week
0 (0%)
1-5 hours a day
5 (11.4%)
5+ Hours a day
8 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Author Topic: STO  (Read 29127 times)

I just recently tried out the Klingon PvP section and all I have to say is that the ships are uglier than sin save for the traditional cannon ships. I hope they add more variety and alternate options for better customization in the future.

How long is that friend code thingy? My birthday is in 10 days.

Well it's valid until you use it I could guess. And as for how long, it lasts for 5 days.

My science ship is interesting, though. The name I chose for it is a little too long for the hull area, so it now reads I.S.S. Lindy's Revenge. I'm kinda jazzed about that and even deccoed my ship in Mirror universe colors.

And happy birthday in advance! :)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 07:02:35 PM by Rughugger »

Just got some release noted for the Season One update and here are the following features that have been added to the game.

Our latest content update, Season One, Update One, will be available April 29, 2010. Here’s just a bit of the updates we have headed players’ way.
Difficulty Slider

Based on community feedback, we know many players have been craving a greater challenge out of Star Trek Online. We're happy to introduce the Difficulty Slider. There are three different difficulties a Captain can choose when accepting a mission. They are:

1. Normal – STO's default and current setting. If you enjoy STO’s difficulty as is, simply play on the Normal difficulty level.
   2. Advanced – For frequent players looking for something a bit more challenging than they're used to.
   3. Elite – For players who long for life-or-death scenarios ... and the bragging rights associated with surviving them.

Playing on higher difficulties will earn players greater rewards from their adversaries. But take heed: Playing on the Advanced and Elite setting is wrought with danger. Which brings us to ...
Injury System

In conjunction with the Difficulty Slider, we're also implementing the Injury System to Advanced and Elite gameplay modes. Should a player become incapacitated while performing his duties in an Advanced or Elite difficulty mission, he has a chance of acquiring an Injury. Injuries are temporary debuffs to a player's stats.

Injuries vary depending on severity:

* Minor – The negative effect of minor injuries is small, and only several minor injuries would hinder a player.
    * Major - Major Injuries are significant, but the character can continue to function at little performance difference. More than one major injury that modified the same stat would start to affect a character's performance.
    * Critical - A character can continue and succeed with more than one critical injury, but each critical injury received is costly to treat and will hinder the character.

Injuries will disappear after 30 minutes, and can also be treated with Regenerators for ground Injuries and Components for space Injuries. Regenerators and Components are available at many vendors in both Federation and Klingon space.
Auto-Fire

You asked for it, you get it. In space, players can now set any and all of their weapons to auto-fire. Simply initiate combat with your spacebar, and you can focus on your tactical position while your officers handle delivering your payloads.
New High-End Weaponry

Expand your arsenal beyond Anti-Proton ship weapons at Admiral level by visiting Mark stores. Trade in your Marks of Valor, Honor and Exploration for all new weapon types.
Coming to the C-Store

* Federation Ship Variant - The Maelstrom, a cosmetic variant of the Dervish class.
    * Federation Playable Species - Pakled.
    * Klingon Bridge Packs - Two new Klingon Carrier bridges available for purchase.

This is only a bit of the changes, fixes and updates available in Season One, Update One. For a full list of what's bundled into Season One, Update One, please view the Season One, Update One release notes.

I'm personally anxious for the difficulty slider and will test out just how difficult this will end up being.

Send me the friend code on monday :D

Is there a free trial? How much is it a month? Seems like something I could try.

Nick, if you paid for the subscription monthly, you'd be spending $108 a year. The free trial is 30 days.

Send me the friend code on monday :D
If I have any left. I think I used all of mine up. :/
Is there a free trial? How much is it a month? Seems like something I could try.
Usually a free 30 day trial is included with the purchase of the game itself. Seems completely redundant because you have to add a month payment to use it, but that's what I could find out about it save for finding someone with a 5-day friend pass.
Nick, if you paid for the subscription monthly, you'd be spending $108 a year. The free trial is 30 days.
And a lifetime subscription would run around a two year monthly payment rate, give or take.
And a screenshot for the heck of it. A lovely hull glitch which makes my ship a Mirror universe counterpart. (I.S.S. not U.S.S. variant if you look closely) I even gave it the appropriate color scheme.

Well it appears they'll be starting some kind of promotional thing for invite a friend, so Chex, I can send you that friend code once it is put up. As of right now, I don't see the "start" button that it says to press in order to begin that process.

Damnit I really want to start playing again but I don't have the time to D:

When something is important, we make the time. Who needs to sleep at night?  :cookieMonster:

Finally have all my feddie characters ranked up to Commander now. T'Reln has a sleek and lovey ship as I didn't like the way I had customized the old one.

Also Chex, I'm sending you a friend code in your inbox. Hope you enjoy! :D

So the game has a demo now. Just like Champions online does. It's also a tiny demo, Like champions online is.
http://www.startrekonline.com/demo

I think I might ask for this along with Star Wars Battlefront II, then suck a lifetime subscription from my dad if he feels like it.