Author Topic: Mountains of Excalibur *GET V.2 NOW!*  (Read 42250 times)

I can't remember when I even started working on this thing, all I know is it was way too long ago.

Anyway, yeah I decided to finally finish it and release it. If you've ever played it on my server before, you MUST delete the existing .ter first.
This map is really just based on trying to make it look nice, the draw distance is 2000 so a stuff computer isn't recommended. There are 4 build spots (That I can even loving remember) and they're all pretty huge so build space shouldn't be an issue.

*UPDATE*

The map has received a huge overhaul. Trees! Texture changes and small terrain fix ups! New water! Closer draw distance due to trees! A somewhat hidden forest! Enough talk, here are pictures of V.2 (No more page stretch :cookieMonster:):

And here's a funny one, I have absolutely no idea how it happened. I downloaded the tree pack so I wanted to test some out with the shape replicator and, well, I guess two of the trees got a little excited. Not staged.

Checked and double checked to make sure everything was working correctly, everything is in place and the map is pointing towards all of the right stuff. Also, the map now generates its own save folder.

Download.

I'll be making a snowy version tomorrow.

If you're curious about that semi-hidden forest, this is how you get there:

Upon spawning, head straight down the mountain to the river and find the tree stump, cross the stream.
Go up the hill and down to the river repeat, follow it to the left and keep following it until you happen upon a small scrub and a log on the left.
Turn to your right and cross the river here, head up the hill.
Keep going straight and cross over the next river and mountain repeat. You've reached the Forest of Solitude.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 02:53:39 AM by VerticalHorizon »

Landscape looks stunning.

I think the water is a bit white currently though.

Yeah I couldn't really decide on the water so I just decided to make it clear, it looks better in game.

Nice though I doubt you packaged it right. What do you have in the .zip file.

URGENT MESSAGE: I can't load my builds on here, i just went to go DL somthing and it isnt showing up!

ew grass
other than that stunning

Nice though I doubt you packaged it right. What do you have in the .zip file.

I've been mapping since before Blockland went Retail, think I know what I'm loving doing.

URGENT MESSAGE: I can't load my builds on here, i just went to go DL somthing and it isnt showing up!

Because there don't exist any saves for this map yet moron.

Change the ground that's under water.

The water looks like water in most of the high quality games.