Author Topic: V14 Clarification  (Read 34151 times)

and i am not trolling, as you know :cookieMonster:

and i am not trolling, as you know :cookieMonster:
Might as well be. That was the most pointless post ever.

Thanks for this BadSpot.

Yes Badspot, thank you for this delicious summer ham.

Wow...

makes no sense Whatsoever

Why not are you stupid? it's a patch of course it would update

A badspot is you
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 04:26:20 PM by Sephiroth »

Some dude, I  think it was LewNija or something. Wow man, he looks geeky
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 04:26:09 PM by Sephiroth »

And you look like...?

To host without port forwarding you must:
----A: Have UPnP enabled on your router.  There is often a simple radio button for this on your router configuration page.

-OR-

B: Have a router that does not randomize UDP origin ports.

If you do not have UPnP your server's ping will show up as "---".  In this case if your router is non-randomizing your server will still be join-able.

To run the mac version:
----You must have OSX 10.5 or 10.6.  Version 13 was the same way.  This has not changed.  Apple has made it impossible for a single app to run on both 10.4 and 10.6 therefore you must fork over the money to upgrade.  You signed on for this bullstuff when you bought a Macintosh.  

There is a bug where particle emitters stop:
----This is due to a fix for a crash where particles would keep going after you disconnected and do bad things.  It is trigger whenever anyone leaves the server.  This has been fixed for v15.  

Almost all problems are still caused by add-ons:
----Do not report any bullstuff gameplay problems like "damage doesn't work" to me unless you have duplicated the problem with no add-ons running.  Use your brain and read this FAQ entry: http://blockland.us/index.asp?p=FAQ#s  

If the auto-updater does not work:
----Download and install the full version.  It will update v13 to v14.  

The update does not delete your saves or add-ons:
----If your saves or add-ons disappear, it is because you are using Vista or Win7 with UAC enabled and Blockland installed to the "Program Files" directory.  In this situation, any file Blockland writes is re-directed by the OS into the "virtual store".  When the Blockland exe changes, it gets a new virtual store folder and therefore can't find the old saves.  Your options are:
    A: Disable UAC
    B: Install to C:\Blockland  

:iceCream:

Particle images do not download if you don't have the original files.
Custom bricks also do not download if you do not have the original files.
is there anything that can be done about this or do we just have to live with it?

"Aaaaah... I wish I had a girlfriend... *Stares into space*"

Particle images do not download if you don't have the original files.
Custom bricks also do not download if you do not have the original files.
is there anything that can be done about this or do we just have to live with it?

RTB will soon fix it... err I mean improve it greatly.

When Launching a dedicated server ALL add-ons become enabled, and after when you go to start a server(non dedi) you still will have them all enabled