Author Topic: what will v15 hold?  (Read 19498 times)

I think having serversided physics would be cool, even if only in single player. That way you could like fake kill a baseplate, and ride it down a hill.
:o

also, for cell shading, i just noticed that we sorta have it? look at the rounds/cones

How the heck does Roblox get its bricks to cast shadows? Maybe we could use a similar method for Blockland?
Roblox's bricks are all dynamic, that is why anything physics related in roblox causes lag. That is why roblox lags with over 20000 bricks.

:o

also, for cell shading, i just noticed that we sorta have it? look at the rounds/cones
That's not cell shading.

Roblox's bricks are all dynamic, that is why anything physics related in roblox causes lag. That is why roblox lags with over 20000 bricks.
I lag with just a few thousand bricks on Blockland. God, I HATE my computer!

That's not cell shading.
not sure what it is, but looks almost the same as the diagrams people post are :D

Perhaps adding shadows to the bricks could work like the way interiors are shaded. There's a command that relights the bricks in the server so they aren't dynamic, but at least there.

According to Kompressor, that would take way too long to light builds with.

I lag at 1 thousand.

:c

Perhaps adding shadows to the bricks could work like the way interiors are shaded. There's a command that relights the bricks in the server so they aren't dynamic, but at least there.
Imagine it relighting every time you plant a brick.

If you lag at under 10,000 bricks answer these questions:

• Do you lag if you have zero bricks?
  • Do you lag if you are running a local game, not connected to the internet?
  • Do you lag when you move your mouse in windows, when Blockland isn't running?
  • How old is your computer?

« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 03:36:11 AM by Badspot »

Badspot

• Administrator

The master server shows that you have an 8800 GT which is the card I was using on my development box until recently.  There is likely something wrong with your computer.

The master server shows that you have an 8800 GT which is the card I was using on my development box until recently.  There is likely something wrong with your computer.
I never knew you could track computer parts? What videocard do I have?

I never knew you could track computer parts? What videocard do I have?
I wonder what else he can "see"

I lag with no bricks. And sometimes I get no lag with a hundred thousand bricks. My computer is wierd.