Author Topic: Blockland Weapon Buy System  (Read 39807 times)

Blockland Weapon Buy System
Based on Counter Strike's Weapon Buy System

Yeah, you heard right. This mod makes you able to buy weapons during a special TDM gamemode, not just find them on the floor like most TDMs. Time for a features list, also remember that I'm always open to suggestions.

News:
-Support for any weapon
-Special weapon selector GUI http://i48.tinypic.com/jtb4vd.jpg (Unknown location, alpha version is in the Create a Server menu. Thinking of putting it in-server.  http://i46.tinypic.com/2ue2ngx.jpg )
On a side note, I've gotten really lazy with this thread.

Beta Server?
Wondering if there will be a beta server up anytime? Well there will be so remember to check this topic daily for any updates and to keep me motivated by bumping this so more people know about it for me. ;D
Times:
There is no current date for beta testing, sorry! Estimated time is in about a week, but remember that's just me guessing!
I have to completely redo all the weapons. Not the models thankfully.

Current Features:
Server-Sided Stuff:
-When you buy a weapon, if you have a weapon of that type it gets replaced.
-Messages clients that do not have the client-sided part of this mod to go download it. (No download yet!)
-Different Armour types, no armour, light armour, and heavy armour. (Like in CS:S but instead of helmet, etc it's armour weight)
-You get a set amount of money per kill.
-A bottom print that informs you of how much money you have.
-Money gets saved/loaded on server quit/enter, there's also an auto-save that saves every 5 minutes.
-Buy zone bricks so you can only buy in certain areas, 32x32 and 8x8.
-No dropping of weapons.
-Teamed buy zones. (Only members from team # can buy on their team spawn)
-Double/Triple kills provide extra money!
-Hidden Money while no kills/not in buy zone. Link.
-Player Bounty. Link.
Client-Sided Stuff:
-Awesome GUI with pictures showing what the weapon looks like, also has stats next to image.
-GUI has multiple sections to look through. (Pistol, Shotgun, SMG, Rifle, Sniper, Equip)
-Special HUD showing you what armour type you have equipped.
-Special HUD showing you if your in a buy zone.

Planned Features:
Server-Sided Stuff:
-Tons of CS:S weapons.
-Weapons can be customized in the GUI!
-???*
Client-Sided Stuff:
-???*

*I'm not sure what more to add, so why don't you suggest your idea? (Just because I have a low amount of ideas doesn't mean the client-sided part of this will be released sooner)

Updates:
March 14th - Added in a Sniper category.

March 13th - Finished Teamed Zones feature.
                - Finished Double/Triple kill detection.
                - Finished Hidden money while no kills/not in buy zone.
                - Finished 8x8 Buy zone bricks.

Pictures of Current Development:
-The shopping cart in the bottom right is the HUD image showing that you can buy stuff.
-The shield next to the shopping cart is the HUD image showing that you have Light Armour equipped.
-The brick I'm standing on is the Buy Zone brick.
-The energy bar next to the tools HUD is showing the Armour's health.
-The GUI window is currently on the 'Equip' tab, showing the armour, grenades and knife. (All other GUI tabs don't have any icons yet)

-Messages in the chat saying what you bought and for how much.
-Butterfly Knife in inventory along with the flash grenade. (Butterfly knife is temporary, soon I'll have the Tactical Knife weapon)
-Energy bar showing the armour's health, which is 50 for Light Armour. (It's half way empty because it's 50/100 energy, 50 is this armour type's max)
-BottomPrint that shows the amount of money you have. (I might add this to the GUI too)
-I'm in Blue team on a Blue teamed buy zone. (There will be smaller sizes later, for now it's just 32x32)

-There's a total of six tabs now, not five.
-Every tab now has the weapon names next to the template icons. (Once I get the weapons I'll have the icons too)
-Prices on the buttons haven't been set yet.

-All six GUIs are in this picture, currently showing all the working weapons with their item icons!
-New window names to easier identify which one you're on.
-You can clearly see the weapon progress here, only 13 more weapons to go!
-The item icons for the weapons are all my first item icons! (Excluding all the ones in the Equipment window, those ones are not mine)

Remember! I'm always open to suggestions, I really need them at this time so suggest away!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 10:02:49 AM by HellsHero »

:)

Been wanting one of these.

How about just a whole game mode?

How about just a whole game mode?

It is a whole game mode.

EDIT:

Do you select what weapons you buy and in what category in the HUD?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 12:24:14 PM by dr.pain »

It is a whole game mode.
It's going to be, I've already added a variable that makes it a DM/TDM server. :D
Do you select what weapons you buy and in what category in the HUD?
What do you mean?

What do you mean?

When making the Mini, do you choose what weapons go into what categories?

I requested this once, but instead you could put up weapons and get rid of them from the list, and also set the price

When making the Mini, do you choose what weapons go into what categories?
At the moment I'm planning to just include the CS:S weapons that will be made for this mod.
I requested this once, but instead you could put up weapons and get rid of them from the list, and also set the price
I probably won't be doing what you suggested before, but it can be a possibility once all the core things are done.

Hows the lethality on the Cs:s guns?

Hows the lethality on the Cs:s guns?
They kill people realistically fast, how about that. Which is why you it would be smart to try and buy the heavy armour every time. Since it doubles your health.

They kill people realistically fast, how about that. Which is why you it would be smart to try and buy the heavy armour every time. Since it doubles your health.

That's good, i hate it when weapons you have to jump around for a minutes just to do a crap.

That's good, i hate it when weapons you have to jump around for a minutes just to do a crap.
Oh yeah, they also have reload animations and all that other stuff, since they are these ones. The models were all bought by Tc572, just to clear some stuff up, and they will be scripted by him.

Just needs a GunGame mode and a bomb planting mode. :D