Author Topic: ►Portal is FREE - Last day!  (Read 23352 times)

Download before May 24th to get a free copy of the prize winning game Portal!

What is Portal?

Portal is a single player game from Valve. Set in the mysterious Aperture Science Laboratories, Portal has been called one of the most innovative  games on the horizon and will offer gamers hours of unique gameplay.

The game is designed to change the way players approach, manipulate, and surmise the possibilities in a given environment; similar to how Half-Life 2's Gravity Gun innovated new ways to leverage an object in any given situation.

Players must solve physical puzzles and challenges by opening portals to maneuvering objects, and themselves, through space.

and it's not a Trial, That's right! If you download the game between now and the 24th, you will own it for free even after the 24th.

Portal used to cost money. Until May 24th, it's free. End of story.

Well, technically speaking, there are some strings attached. Fortunately, they're entirely decorative. We just like the way they look, swaying in the gentle breeze created by a million people simultanously fainting from shock at the news that Portal is free. Now you have no reason not to try Portal.

"I have a reason," some of you are probably typing into an angry email. "You see, sir, I own a Mac."

Well guess what: For the first time ever, Portal is also available for the Mac.

"Capital news! But the excellent puzzle adventure Portal won over 40 Game of the Year awards; Surely it must cost at least five or six hundred dollars."

You'd think that, especially since it actually won over 70 Game of the Year Awards. But, like we keep saying, Portal is free. Free on the Mac. Free on the PC. But only until May 24th. So you only have a few days to decide if your free copy of Portal is worth the price we're currently charging - which is you ever-so-slightly moving your index finger just barely enough to click the big red "download" button right there to the left.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 08:52:29 AM by Flying Ace »

this gotta be a loving dream
oh my god

I literally dropped my yogurt.

I'm pissed and overjoyed. I never got a chance to play it other than the demo.

Free Release for Portal 2?

Free cake?
Hue
I'm totally getting this.

I wonder why they are doing this also poor people that paid 20 bucks like me :c

Valve better do what Nintendo did with the internet channel let people pick one free game that already bought it lol
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 02:18:13 PM by Flying Ace »

i made an announcement of that on steam
inmediatly got a stuffload of responses
lawl

Now you have no reason not to try Portal.

I think I understand what they're doing. Trying to build an even larger fanbase of people to buy the sequel.

Oh you, Gabe. :D

I was gonna buy the sequel anyways
cause its coop :D

Fasfasfasfasf braingasm
This can't be happening, it's just so awesome!

I just bought the orange box D:

Already got it long ago.. :C

Yeah, but what about the people who paid? :(

Yeah, but what about the people who paid? :(

not much :c just make a lot of steam accounts put this and the nvidia/ATI offer on them and give them to friends I guess

What the hell have I been smoking.