Author Topic: V15  (Read 64279 times)

We can all be Chuck Norris!

Nou, that would be bad D:

Awesome. I get much better performance in this version, How was %400 better performance achieved?

I heard that the new max brick count is 256k.

Suggestion: Allow the server pics to be angled from all 4 diagonal directions. Also, make it to where we can use IMG tags to post server pictures here.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 07:57:46 AM by Deathwishez »

I found a problem when using the Mission editor in v15.

In v14 you could raise the Sky/Fog and Sky/Visibility to dramatically increase the draw distance, hence making it much easier to view the entire map. In v15, the visibility/fog distance will not go further away after a certain point. Also, raising visibility very high seems to actually reduce the draw distance.

This was tested on a map based on Bedroom, without re-downloading mission editor after the v15 release.

I just had my ghost brick disappear while running on a fresh install of Blockland with default add ons. On single player.
Attached console.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 09:10:03 AM by The Russian »

Is the ghost brick object being removed or is it just becoming invisible?

I *think* you can check using this:

Code: [Select]
echo(isObject(findLocalClient().player.tempBrick));

Once I had ghost brick disappear too, then game crashed with some error, but it hasn't happened again so far.

Oh yes. Blockland can definently tell if your server is good.

Plus 17 servers that are just getting started.

well it seems at least you have to be over a certain  number of bricks to be shown on the website :o

or maybe I've been gone too long and people started actually building again

Doesn't start up for me
Mac stuff
Running on Tiger
I've already tried opening with Rosetta, it doesn't work

It tries starting up, but then just quits on itself.  I don't even get a window open

There's something wrong with the helmet visor. Instead of having a visor, it uses the model of the feather. Basically, you have a helm with a feather on top of it, no visor. Before v15, I had my helmet with a visor on it, but in v15 it now uses a feather in place of the visor. Is there any way around this?

You can build in water bricks now?! :D

Oh yeah, does floating bricks still apply to building inside water? and are you able to mak air pockets?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 11:29:35 AM by Camera »

Badspot

• Administrator
There's something wrong with the helmet visor. Instead of having a visor, it uses the model of the feather. Basically, you have a helm with a feather on top of it, no visor. Before v15, I had my helmet with a visor on it, but in v15 it now uses a feather in place of the visor. Is there any way around this?

Don't run whatever add-on is doing that.

should be able to have a visor and a feather for knight effect.

Oh yeah I just noticed, one of my builds are in the image section of the media page :D
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 12:09:28 PM by Camera »

I also just witnessed the ghost brick glitch. Not good.
I had worked very hard on a Medival Rp i have been making, and I hadn't saved recently...

I apparently have a glitch on your server.
http://img96.imageshack.us/i/blockland00003.png/
And it keeps changing on the bricks.
That's called z-fighting and it's because the builder put a water block inside of a terrain block. Build a plate on top of the bricks instead of having the terrain block right at the level of the water. It looks better to have a layer of sand or grass anyway. Alternatively don't put water inside of terrain blocks at water-level.

well it seems at least you have to be over a certain  number of bricks to be shown on the website :o
The game only takes an image every 10 minutes. If the server is less than 10 minutes old it shows up at the bottom as a number instead of a picture. There isn't a brick limit.

Site related issue: Mostly black server pictures from empty servers or servers with bricks far away from the camera create a grid illusion with gray spots showing up at grid intersections. It's kind of distracting.