Author Topic: F!SH3R  (Read 1966 times)

F!SH3R

Backstory
F!SH3R takes place in the 24th century when Earth's natural resources have completely depleted. Luckily, scientists have discovered an alternate fuel source found abundantly in the galaxy. Fusion Sequenced Hydrogen (or F!SH) is mined from asteroids and other rocks in space by the Fusion Sequenced Hydrogen 3rd Retrieval team (AKA F!SH3R). Unfortunately, only small quantities of F!SH is found in these free-floating rocks, which leads scientists to think that there could be a larger source. Their guess was correct as they discover massive amounts of F!SH on a planet just outside our solar system. Earth deploys a fleet of ships out to retrieve a massive quantity of F!SH. Meanwhile, the native people of that planet are hard at work defending the "holy stones" from the "demons" that have been devouring them. Using the stones as a weapon, the natives are able to hold their own against waves of these foes. After their attack fleet crashed into the planet, the Aemnd were eager to feast upon the coveted sustenance. Those who fed the most gain immense power. The one with the most power became the leader and staged the next attack after they exhausted everything on the previous planet. A battle will ensue...

About
This was the idea I had for a mod that I really want to get done, but I don't have the skills to do myself. I will need help with almost anything. I don't plan to take credit for this mod, I only plan to coordinate it. Models and scripts will be credited to their makers.

Gameplay
All players use the topdown playertype. A variation of the infinite mining mod is used. instead of 1 spawn area, there are 3, one for each team. Players can't dig up or down, just forward, backward, left and right. F!SH will randomly appear in the dirt. Fish will go toward unlocking different weapons for the players of that team. Players will be able to set up barricades purchased using F!SH to help protect themselves. If one team destroys another team's base, all the players of the destroyed base will join the attacker's team. When 2 out of 3 bases are destroyed, the minigame is reset. The spawn area's are randomly generated, so that each game is different. There will be a minimum distance on how far the bases will be separated.

Humans Weapons
All are hexagonal in shape.
Pistol
6-shots before reloading
Rifle
Fires 18 shots before reloading
Minigun
Fires 100 shots before reloading
Slows the player

Native Weapons
All are made from nature.
Pistol
Fires slower than human pistol, but no reload.
Rifle
Fires a shot that does 75% damage 50% of the time, the other times it is 1 hit KO
Energy Sword
1 hit death
Makes player lunge
Speeds up the player

Aemnd Weapons
All are physical attacks.
Punch
2 hit kill, gives player 2x health
Acid Spit
Fires a shot that does 25 damage every second, 2 shots before reload
Assassinate
1 hit death, turns player slightly invisible

I'll post more info later along with concept pictures.

I would like to hear your opinions of what you think. The main thing I want out of this mod is the "2D" mining mod with random bases.

Can me haz beta testingz?! Joke

Looks preety good Also Devvy had made a top-down TDM

If I Could test it would be appreciated :)
Name:Nightelf21
BL'Id:13290
I Would like to join the team because your idea is preety good and i always wanted to see a server with the mod you are going to create but i thought different i mean not that kind of resource btw when i first heard the name i thought a fishing mod xD

btw when i first heard the name i thought a fishing mod xD

That's the joke.

I don't really need testers as of now, as nothing is done. If I do, I'll PM you.

Also, I used to host a top-down Zombie DM, but not as many people joined. It was pretty cool...

Hmm, i wonder where you got the idea of the energy sword....
Not complaining as it is a good concept, but it is obviously based on something. ;)

Have fun and good luck on this all.

Hmm, i wonder where you got the idea of the energy sword....
Not complaining as it is a good concept, but it is obviously based on something. ;)

Have fun and good luck on this all.

What? Halo? Didn't even cross my mind. Would it have been better if I had said "Light Sword"? :D

Thanks.

What? Halo? Didn't even cross my mind. Would it have been better if I had said "Light Sword"? :D

Thanks.
I didn't even say Halo. :D

Also, meh, just leave it be.

And last, your welcome.

So, are you excepting modelers?

Count me as in if you want any modeller

Well, I'm going to do the human weapon models, but I don't know how to animate, so I need someone to animate or to teach me how to animate. I need modelers to do the other weapons.

If you want to "apply", pick one of the weapons and try modeling it. If I like it, I'll keep it, if not, feel free to attempt it again or try your hand at a different weapon.

If you want to "apply", pick one of the weapons and try modeling it. If I like it, I'll keep it, if not, feel free to attempt it again or try your hand at a different weapon.
Well, could I get a sketch of the nature gun?

Uh... I really don't have idea of what it will look like, but if I had to think something up, it would be like a stick shaped like a gun with a blue crystal embedded on the end of it. I'll see if I can draw something later.

From native weapons uuh the rifle

This is not similar to avatar. At all.

I like the idea, but "Fusion Sequenced Hydrogen" makes no sense at all. Fusion is the act of fusing things together, and hydrogen cannot be created using fusion, considering it is the simplest of atoms. So if I were to fuse two hydrogens, I would get a helium atom, displayed in this little equation:

1+1=2

So to fuse something into hydrogen it would have to be:

.5+.5=1

And there is no atom that can fit into the .5 variable, so your "resource" makes no sense.

This is not similar to avatar. At all.

It's actually a combination of things. It's resembles starcraft more closely than avatar. And the digging for minerals to fuel your army was based off of Dungeon Keeper II, although I am using Kalph's mod, so you could say it's based off that.

I like the idea, but "Fusion Sequenced Hydrogen" makes no sense at all. Fusion is the act of fusing things together, and hydrogen cannot be created using fusion, considering it is the simplest of atoms. So if I were to fuse two hydrogens, I would get a helium atom, displayed in this little equation:

1+1=2

So to fuse something into hydrogen it would have to be:

.5+.5=1

And there is no atom that can fit into the .5 variable, so your "resource" makes no sense.

Haha, that's what I get for making up the acronym before deciding what it stands for.

As for the resource, it was supposed to be some complex molecule that was created by the fusion of not 2, but possibly hundreds of hydrogen molecules.

And frankly, I don't really care if that is logical or scientific or whatnot. It is just an acronym for a name for the mod based off of a joke about MMO's. Chemistry really doesn't matter.