Author Topic: [Tutorial] Making Maps [REMADE]  (Read 24410 times)

Hmm Nice tutorial, Now you can give yourself a cookie :cookie: :cookieMonster:
I officially don't like you now.

First of all, tell them about the Mission Editor add-on for if they don't already have it. Second of all-- (Read the post below).
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 06:35:08 PM by darerd »

9. Packaging it

Packaging may just be the hardest part.

After you're done doing everything in Mission Editor, go ahead and press F11 to exit it, and take a screenshot that captures most of the view of the map or the most beautiful part. Make sure you aren't TOO FAR off the ground when you take it. Also try and get into a pretty high screen resolution when you do this, or it will be too small because this will be displayed as the loading screen for your map.

Go back into the mission editor and save it on to your desktop. Close Blockland now, and on your desktop you will find a .mis and .ter file. Put these into a folder named "Map_Mapnamehere".

Here is a list of things you will also need to put in this folder:

- Your latest screenshot, wheather it's edited or not, with the name "Map_Mapnamehere"

- Any interiors or foliage

- Any textures
   +Skybox(es)

- A text file named "Mapnamehere", with contents:
Code: [Select]
Title: Mapnamehere
Author: Mynamehere
Any other descrption

- A text file named "namecheck", with content:
Code: [Select]
Map_Mapnamehere
- Any other things you included in the map.

Then, create a new .zip folder. Open it and the folder you put all of the stuff in. Highlight all of the contents of the normal folder, and drag it into the .zip folder. There should not be another folder inside of your .zip folder. If there is, the addon will be recognized as junk and will not be processed when you start Blockland.

You're almost there. That .zip folder should run as an add-on normally, but there's one more thing we need to do in order to prevent random crashing of server hosts when they are loading the datablocks. Copy/paste the .zip folder into your add-ons directory. Run blockland on that server and open mission editor. If you need to, you may have to re-polish some things in the map because of the different directory of textures, etc.. Re-save the map and re-package it. Then you're done.

Also, this is just a paraphrased peice of another tutorial. I've never made a map before, I've never really got any ideas.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 06:40:19 PM by darerd »

Packaging may just be the hardest part.
No.
First of all, tell them about the Mission Editor add-on for if they don't already have it. Second of all-- (Read the post below).
Comes with blockland by default.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 11:22:43 PM by Bomb Kirby »

Can Demo Players Use Mission Editor?

i was just wonering because im a demo player

Hey I have a problem the "desc0" and "desc1" wouldn't want to show and when I add them they don't show what do I do?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 12:30:29 PM by thaky »

Hey I have a problem the "desc0" and "desc1" wouldn't want to show and when I add them they don't show what do I do?
use a text file named "yourmapname.txt"

on "yourmapname" goes the name of your map

How do you get the mission editor to work for Windows 7?

How do you get the mission editor to work for Windows 7?
Like every other time you make misssion editor work. Which has been posted countless times.

Like every other time you make misssion editor work. Which has been posted countless times.
I can't edit it. But I got the add-on and it works fine. Also, I have these huge gaps where the terrain has gone missing. How can I fix this?

I can't edit it. But I got the add-on and it works fine. Also, I have these huge gaps where the terrain has gone missing. How can I fix this?
Maybe look in the customize tab?