Author Topic: Greatest band/singer/etc. ever: Nominations.  (Read 7822 times)

Alright, I tried to make this thread a while ago and it failed mostly because I added more bands as the poll went on as people tried to give me suggestions. In this thread I will take suggestions, augmenting the bands I already have listed below. You will also be able to vote for five, because somehow it's easier to narrow down that way. I know this isn't an extensive list and shouldn't be, I just named all the ones I could off the top of my head. I know for a fact that there are many huge bands that I've forgotten; that's where you come in.

1-9

A
  • Aerosmith
  • AC/DC
  • A Tribe Called Quest
  • Allman Brothers Band
  • Alice Cooper
  • Audioslave


B
  • Bob Marley and the Wailers
  • Beatles, The
  • Bruce Springsteen
  • Buckethead
  • Boston
  • Beach Boys
  • Black Sabbath
  • Bob Dylan
  • Beck
  • Bon Jovi

C
  • CCR
  • Chicago
  • CAKE
  • Chuck Berry

D
  • The Doors
  • Dave Matthews Band
  • Dire Straits
  • David Bowie
  • Def Leppard

E
  • Eagles, The

F
  • Frank Zappa & the Mothers of Invention
  • Foo Fighters

G
  • Grateful Dead, The
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Genesis
  • Guns 'n' Roses
  • Green Day

H

I
  • Iron Maiden
.

J
  • Jimi Hendrix Experience
  • Journey
  • Jeff Beck
  • Johhny Cash

K
  • Kansas
  • King Crimson
  • KISS

L
  • Led Zeppelin
  • Lynyrd Skynyrd
  • Less than Jake

M
  • Muse
  • Metallica
  • Megadeath

N
  • Nirvana

O

P
  • Poison
  • Phish
  • Police, The
  • Primus
  • Pink Floyd

Q
  • Queen

R
  • Ramones
  • Rolling Stones, The
  • Radiohead
  • Rush
  • Rage Against the Machine
  • R.E.M.

S
  • Styx
  • Sublime
  • Stone Temple Pilots
  • Slipknot
  • System of a Down

T
  • Tesla
  • Tupac
  • Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

U
  • U2
  • Umphrey's McGee

V
  • Van Halen

W
  • Who, The
  • White Stripes

X

Y
  • Yardbirds, The

Z
  • ZZ Top
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 03:29:10 PM by Sirrus »




Led Zeppelin sucks, take off. 

Led Zeppelin sucks, take off. 
I'm not going to take that one off, I'm pretty sure that one came close to winning last time if it didn't win.

I'm not going to take that one off, I'm pretty sure that one came close to winning last time if it didn't win.
What's so good about obnoxious guitars and climaxic outbreaks in the middle of a song?

What's so good about obnoxious guitars and climaxic outbreaks in the middle of a song?
By that I think you mean "great, original guitar and immaculate rock vocals."

http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/s/Over+The+Hills+And+Far+Away/2J5rCd

By that I think you mean "great, original guitar and immaculate rock vocals."

http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/s/Over+The+Hills+And+Far+Away/2J5rCd
That song isn't even that good.


That song isn't even that good.
Alright, I'll just let you keep listening to Lil Wayne then.


Alright, I'll just let you keep listening to Lil Wayne then.
I don't even like Lil Wayne, you probably listen to him a lot though, seeing that you know how crappy he can be.

Led Zeppelin sucks, take off. 
You are a huge dumbass.

I nominate Led Zeppelin.

How come you have to try to troll every music thread Retz? Link a good band/song or get the forget out.

I put a nomination/vote for Led Zeppelin, so that's 4 of my votes.