Author Topic: Starcraft 2 can forget off.  (Read 12924 times)

I've been playing lately, and I finally got to play Multiplayer with a couple of friends, which I assumed could be fun, but there's a few problems I ran into. I'm not a good RTS player. Lets be frank, I like to play RTS games but I'm absolute stuff at them. I have no loving clue how everyone else gets units before me, and it's starting to piss me off.

So anyway, we hop on Co-Op, 2vAI, and begin playing on Medium. What the forget, why the forget is medium so loving difficult? We get rushed almost immediately, so after losing 8 times we switch to easy, only to get raped AGAIN. I'm not loving korean, and have no previous experience in starcraft, so someone please tell me: WHAT THE forget?

We then decided the AI for this game is bullstuff, and tried 3v3. It ended the same way, us getting charged and destroyed after about 10 minutes. God damnit what the loving hell I can't even collect resources fast enough to make that many units jesus h christ. I then promptly told them to forget off and ragequit. I'm so done with this game, it just spews bullstuff loving everywhere. An inexperienced player should be able to play your game and be able to win over easy AI, and perhaps it should match us with players with equally worthless skill. That's loving stupid.

forget Starcraft 2.

You sound exactly like me for the first half hour after I ragequit in a game
"THIS GAME loving SUCKS WHY THE forget IS IT SO loving stuffTY WHAT THE GODDAMN forget I'M NEVER PLAYING THIS loving GODDAMN stuffTY loving GAME EVER loving AGAIN"

IF you arent good at RTS games? Why did you buy one?

If it's anything like SC1 go protoss and build cannons slowly outward until you reach their base with them.

Oh gee, maybe he wanted to try out a new genre?

If you're going to play an RTS play a good one like Age of Empires II, or Command and Conquer:Red Alert 2.

Don't bother reading the OP, just make snide insinuations.

I loved Age of Mythology, I like to play RTS games, they're fun. I'm not good at them but they are still fun.

The thing is probably that you aren't used to Starcraft's gameplay.  It's meant to be really fast paced.  You need to construct stuff fast, or you're just going to be rushed and die.

So you suck at a game and it means the game sucks?

So you suck at a game and it means the game sucks?
That's totally what I was saying, the whole game is just awful because I was complaining about how I personally suck at this game and how the AI is way too difficult makes the entire game suck. Yup.

It's all about timing and keeping track of everything.  I gave my friend my baneling build and he took out a medium computer no problem.  Look up some build orders if you are that bad.  Try a different race if you are having troubles.  Also, placement matches and practice league are both full of smurfing, so you can't get any real good battles until you are placed.  But seriously, hoa2lose2easy?  They only use about 6 miners per base and rarely grab a 2nd expansion.  Maybe your econ just sucks.  Get about 20 miners per base on minerals and you'll be rolling in minerals.  Be sure to spend them though; unspent minerals aren't helping you win.  Btw, forget koreans, it's like their football (pretty much applies to your country no matter which "football it is") over their.  30+ apm is all you need.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 01:06:28 AM by DrMobius »

SC2 is built BY Koreans FOR Koreans.

It's a bullstuff "memorize every combo and hot key in the game and rush like its loving blitzkrieg" game. I don't even think it really deserves the title of RTS more as it is a loving rush game on speed drugs.

It's why I still play normal games, like as Yuki said, Age of Mythology or Command and Conquer 3 (or older).

Ya gotta turtle.

After the first couple waves, you'll have hopefully built enough forces to have a successful assault on the team.