Poll

Are you going to PAX?

Yes
25 (9.6%)
No
235 (90.4%)

Total Members Voted: 259

Author Topic: PAX 2010 - Update  (Read 33358 times)

Lol Coupon.

You immature child.

I think badspot is slightly saddened, no one is going to PAX D:
I would go but that's a lot of gas money!

Lol Coupon.

You immature child.
Lol nightFox.

You furry!

Badspot, can you give me a ride to and from PAX?

Badspot, can you give me a ride to and from PAX?

Me too, I only live on the complete opposite side of the US from you!

Me too, I only live on the complete opposite side of the US from you!

Pay him. Pay him hundreds of dollars. Or just buy a stuffload of keys.

I'll throw in $20.  :cookieMonster:

What is PAX.

Penny Arcade Expo.

And while I'd love to go, for multiple reasons, I sadly cannot, simply because of school.

QuakeCon
Not that I expect someone who lives on the west coast to know, but that's not in the midwest.  It's in the center, but I'm in the North (Minnesota) and that's in the South (Texas), so while it would be a shorter drive than Pax, it's still not an event which I could consider going to until I have a considerable cash flow.

I'm sure there are some smaller gaming events, probably in Chicago, but the majority of gaming events people talk about (e3, GDC, Pax) are all on the west coast.  Sure most of the developers are out there, but that doesn't mean most gamers are.

ugh, i wish i could go but i'ze on the east coast

i forgot that next year im going to las vegas, when is teh next "PAX" thingamagig?

Not that I expect someone who lives on the west coast to know, but that's not in the midwest.  It's in the center, but I'm in the North (Minnesota) and that's in the South (Texas), so while it would be a shorter drive than Pax, it's still not an event which I could consider going to until I have a considerable cash flow.

I'm sure there are some smaller gaming events, probably in Chicago, but the majority of gaming events people talk about (e3, GDC, Pax) are all on the west coast.  Sure most of the developers are out there, but that doesn't mean most gamers are.

Population density is the real issue. Both coasts simply have more people within a reasonable range of most locations. The mid-west (both north and south) lack that.

I lives a few miles north of Seattle in Vancouver (The Canadian one) and it's tempting but... I don't know if I can drive all the way there just for some expo. Plus, the border is super crowded in the summer.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 09:29:55 PM by RobotRob »

I wish I knew about this :/
Would have been interested in PAX East

It would be really cool if Badspot would be able to show off Blockland there.

Wish I could. Maybe you could arrange an official Blockland Meeting for people to come to. Preferrably in Colorado.

Wish I could. Maybe you could arrange an official Blockland Meeting for people to come to. Preferrably in Colorado.

Fantastic idea!

Badspot can fly to Colorado and rent a hotel room and convention center for a week! Then, children ages 9-17 can pay hundreds of dollars to fly to Colorado where they can rent hotel rooms and stay without any parental supervision.