Author Topic: ►►►Don't Post Full Songs.  (Read 265121 times)

Kan Kan Kan im badspot
Very convincing impersonation you must be badspot's alt! OMG
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 12:00:03 PM by Kevso11 »

Why are you people still posting on here?, You know the rule, get over it.

But Blockland is made to support files up to 1.00 MB (well practically 1023 KB) in size (i tested it out). Anyways,,, can we still post song packs with songs up to 1.00 MB if we compress and package in zip/rar? or perhaps an SVN? (if u dont know whats an SVN,,, look it up)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 03:04:28 PM by coolitic »

I make songs under 1GB   998KB is the largest I went on a song!!!
And I loop them pretty good and they are tested in my blockland....

Go here to see my post on my music pack and check for your self...
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=188677.0

Dude,,, U mean 1 MB not 1 GB? 1024 KB is 1 MB

Larger than 500k just takes ages for clients to download.

I've downloaded almost all the music and sounds here and to be brutally honest, they are almost all sh1te. People stop churning out rubbish just to be able to say "i released a sound pack" or "here it is, its not very good but i rushed it". DON'T BLOODY RUSH IT !!!!

Bad looping, too long, not mono, dubious music on the whole too !

My request would be please use mono, keep em small and please for the love of all that is holy, make them loop properly !!

Looping is not bad at all,,,, and for u ppl where looping is bad and taking foreva to DL,,,, stop using ur 12 yr old PC and internet connection

Kan Kan Kan im badspot
It's Khan, not Kan. *ontopic* I see the reason why to not make songs full. They might sue you, but I think I can actually make mono .ogg songs with a program.  :iceCream:

Why are you people still posting on here?
^^^
Sort of hypocritical because I just posted, but yeah. ._.

Never mind. Nobody ever goes in here anymore.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 04:10:00 AM by Isaac Fox »

Never mind. Nobody ever goes in here anymore.
sometimes.. what was it

What if we find a way to make a full song less than 500 kb?

Well, since the reasoning was given that he doesn't want the RIAA after him, I'd say it'd still be frowned upon, though not actively disallowed in-game.  Either way, unless it's a really short song, it'll sound pretty horrible if you can get a song that's over like 2 minutes to fit in to 1MB.

Can we post/use full songs as long as that they are smaller than 500 KB and are licensed under a permissive license (and, obviously, don't cost anything)?

Can we post/use full songs as long as that they are smaller than 500 KB and are licensed under a permissive license (and, obviously, don't cost anything)?
the only boundaries that aren't legal, are technical. so basically yes.

how come this thread is still open?