Poll

Should there be movers for retail

hell ya!
21 (72.4%)
hell na
8 (27.6%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Mover?  (Read 10836 times)

With legos, there is a door piece that spins, were not trying to do the impossible.

BLR bricks con't rotate like that

Also, we have already FX effects, lights and particle emitters, which aren't that real.
I suggest... well, what? Nothing. :(
But I think the mover should go boom if it went floating. It'd be more realistic.

It has to be floating for an elevator...

With legos, there is a door piece that spins, were not trying to do the impossible.
Legos have round studs, Blockos have square studs. Therefore spinning door pieces are impossible.

It doesn't matter! And if so, then why is t here a topic about this crap?

because half the people here think there should be movers and the other half dissagree, the whole pourpose of this post was to find a way top put movers, i might put a poll to see if its true.

Unless I'm mistaken, I believe Badspot said that they are impossible, right here

Well 128k is the upper limit and will put a modern computer into single digit framerates.  30k to 50k is a more realistic limit. 

The performance comes from taking advantage of certain attributes of bricks, such as the fact that they don't move, are always rotated in 90 degree increments, don't animate, etc.  On large builds like "Detailed City Build" a good 50% of the time is taken up with rendering special bricks that don't follow the rules like transparent or shiny bricks.

In other words, to allow any bricks to move, you would have to get rid of this system.

However, you can make specific bricks that are animated to move, such as a pre-built elevator.

Doors and elevators are good, but since this is retail (and because what other people said) they should be done differently.
The door sohuld just be a "special" brick that has an open/close animation and becomes decollisioned when opened (and recollisioned when closed/locked). The elevator could just be a vehicle that's locked to the z-axis.

your idea works to, what could work is that we make a normal brick and you color it in a solid color, when you put the "door" option you would touch the door and it turns transperent and de-collisioned.

That works too, depending on what you're aiming at. If you're aiming at strict functionality (i.e. brick that provides on-demand access to an area), your idea would be the best. But I was thinking more along the lines of a door brick to match the window brick, and the animation could be built in so it would work faster. And you can put a limit on doors like vehicles so people don't spam and lag down the server.

This is not LEGOS

fishpen0

Why is it that when someone suggests something that is not like Lego, everyone says "thats not like Lego and shouldn't be in this game" (stretch bricks and certain movers) But then when someone finds something that Lego does and wants in the game everyone says "This is not Lego" (certain movers, and new bricks)  I have a feeling some people just don't like change.

notice how movers get rejected either way
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 05:45:00 PM by fishpen0 »

Jon

I'd really like a door. I mean, if you don't like the idea, don't use it?

It doesn't have to be a mover necessarily, but a door brick with an open/close/lock option would be nice.

what idea do you think is the best one? they will be listed in order, on how the door works.

1: touch,swing 90
2: touch, transparent and de-collisioned
3: login and chang name to "door", pretend door.
4:your ideas.

what idea do you think is the best one? they will be listed in order, on how the door works.

1: touch,swing 90
2: touch, transparent and de-collisioned
3: login and chang name to "door", pretend door.
4:your ideas.

lol, only one person could do that at a time, and also, someone could steal your name.